Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Bought 9 packs of Bond 40th Anniversary and got two autos Big Grin

A8 - Clifton James as 'Sheriff J.W Pepper'
A12 - Julian Glover as 'Aris Kristatos'

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Craig
posted Hide Post
I just bought two packs of Lost Season two- and pulled a Michael Emerson as Henry Gale auto. Kinda made my day!

Posts: 79 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
I bought a few packs at a local shop that was charging a dollar per pack. I pulled a daredevil costume card and a Manchester United Match-Worn shirt card of someone named dwight yorke. I know the Shirt card isnt technically a NON-sport card, but i figure 'hey, its soccer' so its not really a sports card exactly.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I decided to get six packs of Complete Bond in the hopes of a Dench, Blackman, or Andress auto. Didn't get those, but was very excited to get a Yaphet Kotto auto, as well as Quotable and DL insert that I needed. Now I can't decide if I want to press my luck and go for some more packs to see if the relic is still in there...

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
It's my birthday today. I decided to treat myself. I bought 2 packs of the new Charmed set and 6 packs of Wizard of Oz 2. I got a PW7 gold trim variant from Charmed Clap Bouncey and a Brian Kong Tin Man sketch from WOZ. I'll probably NEVER top that one again.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I bought two packs of Stargate Atlantis Season 2 from my Local store and pulled an Ellie Harvie (Dr Lindsey Novak) autograph!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ferrerstuff
posted Hide Post
Picked up a few packs and boxes at a local card show this past weekend. Here's what I got:

4 packs Looney Tunes: BIA - Joe Dante auto redemption
2 packs Hellboy - zippo!!
1 box Buffy TVS Women of Sunnydale - Musetta Vander auto
1 box Angel Season 4 - ELIZA DUSHKU auto redemption!!

Dushku auto has been on my want list for quite a while! Redemption is on its way to Inkworks! This just goes to show that you never know what might be lurking in those loose packs and older boxes.

ferrerstuff

Posts: 111 | Location: S.F./Bay Area | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferrerstuff:
Picked up a few packs and boxes at a local card show this past weekend. Here's what I got:

4 packs Looney Tunes: BIA - Joe Dante auto redemption
2 packs Hellboy - zippo!!
1 box Buffy TVS Women of Sunnydale - Musetta Vander auto
1 box Angel Season 4 - ELIZA DUSHKU auto redemption!!

Dushku auto has been on my want list for quite a while! Redemption is on its way to Inkworks! This just goes to show that you never know what might be lurking in those loose packs and older boxes.

ferrerstuff

I just realized what you posted. A DUSHKU auto redemption?!?! Eek Drool - you are so lucky that Inkworks was still able to honor it.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ferrerstuff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hollypop:

I just realized what you posted. A DUSHKU auto redemption?!?! Eek Drool - you are so lucky that Inkworks was still able to honor it.

Emailed Sue at Inkworks to see if they still honor it (along with the Dante redemption) and was told to send them both in. Can't wait to get it! When I get a chance, I post a image of it.

ferrerstuff

Posts: 111 | Location: S.F./Bay Area | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought 2 packs of Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire Update - and got a Katie Leung / Cho Chang autograph card.

Yay Dance

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Boy has it ever been a dry spell in non sports since complete Avengers (for me anyways). I pop into the local shop every weekend and there seems to be very little new non-sports. Today I saw they'd opened a new box of Evis Is by Press Pass and I remembered I bought 2 packs a few months ago and got an Elvis Smoking Jacket costume card so I tried my luck with 2 packs again and wouldn't you know I got the gold version Elvis shirt costume card. 4 total packs and 2 Elvis worn cards, I think I could get to like this product. Wink

Shot at 2007-07-14

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I bought four packs of Harry Potter OOTP today and pulled a prop card. The Dumbledore's Army List. Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK so I looked at my prop card pull from today and it is #125/185 and has text on it reading: "Edge..." something....

This is my first HP pull. Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
when I bought the last 21 packs at target last week I pulled a karate uniform and and autograph.

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Found out the rest of the name that my prop card has attached to it: Marietta Edgecombe- a minor character in the books. Smile

Val

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
Found out the rest of the name that my prop card has attached to it: Marietta Edgecombe- a minor character in the books. Smile

Val

Not so minor as Dumbledore's Army goes Wink

Pictures maybe? I would love to drool all over your pull...

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Bought 4 packs each of Transformers (movie) and of Spider-Man 3.

Auto of Hal Sparks as Elevator Passenger and Joe Manganiello as Flash Thompson from Spider-Man and the following sketch from Transformers

Don't know who the character or the artist are.

I'd bought 4 packs of each set (from what I assume to be the same boxes) last week and 4 packs of Spider-Man 3 the week before.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
That is Bumblebee... not sure of the artist

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
That is Bumblebee... not sure of the artist

Thanks.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got six packs of OOTP and I pulled a Ginny Sweater costume. I'm pretty happy Smile