Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/994101896

January 30, 2013, 12:18 AM
Scifi Cards
Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
He said he picked up 3 packs (packages) and had 6 packs of cards. I'm taking it he picked up the 2 count blister packages.

Blister packages should take almost all the pack searchers out of the game. But there will be those that open them to check.

Great pull on the 1:2000 odds.

I don't know about elsewhere, but here the retail packs are just sitting. Price point is a bit high and the value just isn't there with 1:2000 odds.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

February 26, 2013, 09:25 PM
barobehere
Got six retail packs of Thor with a purchase from an online vendor.
Auto odds 1:2500 I pulled
KB Kenneth Branagh!!!!!!
SWEET!!!!!!!
February 26, 2013, 09:45 PM
Chris Byrne
damn! congrats!
are you flipping it or keeping it for your collection?
February 26, 2013, 09:47 PM
barobehere
This is a keeper! Great actor and director.
February 26, 2013, 10:41 PM
Lovemesomecards
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
KB Kenneth Branagh!!!!!!
SWEET!!!!!!!

Wowser! Nice one.

August 14, 2014, 05:42 PM
Martine
I hadn't bought packs in a while, but I stopped at my comic book store today, and got 1 pack of Game of Thrones S1 (it was their last pack), one pack of GOT S2, and 5 packs of The Walking Dead S3 P1.

Nothing out of the GOT S2, but... GF-06 and AM7 (Sarah Wayne Callis auto/wardrobe), so, really happy about that.

And now for the best part: GOT S1, Lena Headey autograph!!! I was, and still am, stunned! Especially after seeing the box breakdowns and realizing how very few of hers people pulled. I love my comic book store Big Grin

August 14, 2014, 10:57 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Martine:
I hadn't bought packs in a while, but I stopped at my comic book store today, and got 1 pack of Game of Thrones S1 (it was their last pack), one pack of GOT S2, and 5 packs of The Walking Dead S3 P1.

Nothing out of the GOT S2, but... GF-06 and AM7 (Sarah Wayne Callis auto/wardrobe), so, really happy about that.

And now for the best part: GOT S1, Lena Headey autograph!!! I was, and still am, stunned! Especially after seeing the box breakdowns and realizing how very few of hers people pulled. I love my comic book store Big Grin

I hope you ran right out and bought a lottery ticket after that, going for the trifector. You will never top those pulls from two single packs again. Thumb Up
August 15, 2014, 06:47 PM
Lovemesomecards
quote:

Holy moley that is unbelievable! Congrats! I'd also take Raven's advice and play the lotto - you are a shoe in!!!

Seriously that is spectacular Martine and I for one am jealous. Thumb Up

August 17, 2014, 11:19 AM
Starchild
Just yesterday, I was in a Newbury Comics store in Boston and I purchased a mere 4 packs of Breaking Bad cards and 2 packs of Walking Dead cards. I collect neither set, but I had that "itch" and went for it. I got:

TWD Season 3 Pt 1 - M18 Carol costume

and

Breaking Bad A2 - Betsy Brandt

While these might not be the absolute biggest cards of the respective series, I think 2 hits out of 6 packs of cards is pretty darn good, no matter what the pull.

Big Grin

August 17, 2014, 12:15 PM
Mister E.
Fanuel Hall store or the one at Cambridge side Galleria ???

August 17, 2014, 04:01 PM
Starchild
Newbury St. We didn't end up making it to Faneuil Hall this trip to Boston.

August 26, 2014, 09:35 PM
Lovemesomecards
Just stopped by my LCS and picked up 2 packs of SOA. One pack was all base. The second pack had A3-Ron Perlman Elephant

August 27, 2014, 04:07 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
Just stopped by my LCS and picked up 2 packs of SOA. One pack was all base. The second pack had A3-Ron Perlman Elephant

GREAT Pull Thumb Up
August 27, 2014, 06:27 AM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
The second pack had A3-Ron Perlman Elephant

That's worth 2 elephants. Elephant Elephant

August 27, 2014, 10:52 AM
Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
KB Kenneth Branagh!!!!!!
SWEET!!!!!!!

Awesome luck! Wow!

August 27, 2014, 10:53 AM
quote:

WOW!!! Bouncey

November 22, 2014, 11:31 AM
CordeliaChase_Fan
Got some Star Trek Aliens packs at work yesterday and pulled Whoopi Goldberg as Guinan auto card! Super stoked!

November 22, 2014, 12:42 PM
barobehere
Awesome pull!
November 22, 2014, 04:28 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
Got some Star Trek Aliens packs at work yesterday and pulled Whoopi Goldberg as Guinan auto card! Super stoked!

If I had to choose one autograph from this release, that's it. Congrats. Dance
December 07, 2014, 11:01 AM
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:

You have the magic touch, Val.