Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/994101896

March 28, 2008, 04:39 PM
wolfie
Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
I bet you are. Smile

April 10, 2008, 12:44 PM
JoeyUK
Just went into FB to buy some 9 pocket pages and with the £2 change i bought a pack of Indy Heritage...and found Michael Byrne (Vogel) auto card!! Bouncey Metal thats my buy/find of the year so far Smile
April 10, 2008, 01:37 PM
wolfie
Clap

April 10, 2008, 01:42 PM
MadCow
I picked up a few packs last night and pulled the PW16 Tom Lenk as Andrew pieceworks card from Buffy Memories...

April 11, 2008, 12:53 AM
CordeliaChase_Fan
Five packs of Women of Marvel today from my local comic shop-

E5- Cyclops and Emma Frost

S11- Psylocke

and

a Michael Jason Paz sketch of Emma Frost- it is GORGEOUS- once Rittenhouse posts his stuff, I will show you which one it is. Smile

Val

April 11, 2008, 02:05 AM
Peter cloet
congrats

A belgian hiphop group
April 11, 2008, 04:51 AM
vampy
I have just bought 2 packets from a box of heroes at my local forbidden planet and pulled a very nice jon ocampo sketch of the city of manhattean exploding into flames ,loads of colour and detail i was over joyed.
April 11, 2008, 08:38 AM
AJJ
Congrats on the great finds.

April 11, 2008, 10:35 PM
TheUberBob
Bought the rest of the Hellboy Sword of Storms cards at work and got this out of the second pack:

Beautiful sketch! It's #189/241

-Bob-

April 12, 2008, 03:12 AM
DaveSB
Great sketch Bob

April 12, 2008, 03:22 AM
TheUberBob
quote:
Originally posted by CSI Dave:
Great sketch Bob

Thanks! I think it's actually about the nicest sketch I've ever pulled from a pack.

-Bob-

April 12, 2008, 08:06 PM
SciFiMom
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
Bought the rest of the Hellboy Sword of Storms cards at work and got this out of the second pack:

Beautiful sketch! It's #189/241

-Bob-
That's a really great sketch by CC. Thumb Up

April 12, 2008, 10:13 PM
TheUberBob
quote:
Originally posted by SciFiMom:
That's a really great sketch by CC.

Thanks! It looks even nicer in person as there are a lot of subtleties in the colors that got kind of washed out in the scan.

-Bob-

April 17, 2008, 01:17 AM
CordeliaChase_Fan
Bought two packs of Women of Marvel today and pulled an unsigned sketch of Rogue- one of the four characters I had wanted to pull- I found the picture on the Rittenhouse Archives site and it is a Jim Kyle! Smile

I'm definitely pleased.

Val

April 17, 2008, 01:52 AM
hollypop
Val.. I'm so jealous!!! Rogue was one of the characters I was hoping to get when I ordered my two boxes.

I was hoping to get Rogue, Psylocke, Elektra, Ms. Marvel or Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix.

Instead I pulled 'Shanna' and I think 'Jubilee'. They are very well done but they're just not the ones I wanted.

April 17, 2008, 03:14 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
Bought two packs of Women of Marvel today and pulled an unsigned sketch of Rogue- one of the four characters I had wanted to pull- I found the picture on the Rittenhouse Archives site and it is a Jim Kyle! Smile
I'm definitely pleased.
Val

GREAT PULL Thumb Up
May 02, 2008, 07:32 PM
Don Norton
Bought two packs of Indiana Jones Heritage today. Opened the first pack and could see a white card edge showing. It was another gold parrallel. happy to get another one.

Then opened the second pack - and a white card edge is showing again! Take them out and look at the backs first - Congratulations! it says, I've found a rare 1/1 sketch card!

Now I have been inducted into the Brotherhood of the Screaming Monkey...
May 02, 2008, 07:42 PM
igman7
Congrats Val! Don....not so much. At least the sketch is worth the investment (of the 1 pack anyway) Roll Eyes

May 03, 2008, 02:43 AM
Incarnadine
On my way to see Iron Man I visited my local shop and picked up a couple of boxes of WOM (breakdowns posted in the WOM breakdown thread) but on a whim I grabbed a couple of packs of SP Authentic hockey (ok, not non-sports but I did get those packs only because I was there buying non-sports Wink). Anyone here who happens to collect hockey will know just how lucky a pull this is, an Alexander Ovechkin Rookie Review autograph patch card 072/100 (autograph is on card, not a sticker).

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

May 03, 2008, 11:45 AM
Redemption
Did you make it to the movie after that pull? Big Grin

Congratulations. Thumb Up