Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Congrats Patdata! Thumb Up I am green with envy. Big Grin

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patdata:
Well this is probably my biggest pull ever!
I bought four packs of lost season 3 from my local FP and nearly dropped dead when I pulled the redemption for the autographed propwork! Eek
This is the card I wanted most from any set so far and I cant believe I have managed to pull it out of a four pack purchase! Bouncey

Fantastic Pull - I hate you Big Grin

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not as good as an auto propworks card, but I bought some Harry Potter OOTPU packs and pulled a Ginny Sweater 9/620. I was pretty happy, as I never pull anything good from random Artbox packs...

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Been awhile since I had anything fun to post here, but I figuerd I'd share this. Went out last night and bought two packs of Order of the Phoenix Update, and four packs of DC Legacy. They yielded these:

Nothing ridiculous like an autographed propworks card, lol, but not bad pulls all the same. Smile

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I bought 4 packs of Aliens vs Predator Reqiuem today and the first pack had 2 costume cards PW2 and PW6.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
God that must have been a thick pack, how did you spot that one. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ariana:
quote:
Originally posted by Patdata:
Well this is probably my biggest pull ever!
I bought four packs of lost season 3 from my local FP and nearly dropped dead when I pulled the redemption for the autographed propwork! Eek
This is the card I wanted most from any set so far and I cant believe I have managed to pull it out of a four pack purchase! Bouncey

That's a ridiculously awesome find, congratulations! I'm not a fan of Lost, but this card even struck me as a great find for anyone lucky enough to get one. Smile

Well, it's just a question of chance: you would have gotten the same card even if you had bought just one pack! (it just needed to be the right pack from the four... Smile

Posts: 11 | Location: Sevilla | Registered: April 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
Not as good as an auto propworks card, but I bought some Harry Potter OOTPU packs and pulled a Ginny Sweater 9/620. I was pretty happy, as I never pull anything good from random Artbox packs...

Did the same thing and got a Hermione Sweater and Mad Eye Moody redemption.

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
this is technically a box, but it was a small 9 dollar blaster box of 6 packs of americana this morning when i went grocery shoping.

1. Card 44 Autum Reesner proof 243/250
2. Card 31 Cindy Williams proof 132/250
3. Card 15 cedric the entertainer proof 17/25!
4. John Travolta Primary Colors Costume card proof 8/25!!!

for my only buy probably of this product, consider myself ahead on it. great base set too, some think its cheesy, but i sorta like it. trading a guy for one now.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bought two packs of Lost: Season 2 and pulled the redemption card for the sand propworks card featuring Hurley. Waiting to hear back if they can still honor it, but I don't see it being too much of a problem. Smile

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bought two packs of Lost: Season 2 and pulled the redemption card for the sand propworks card featuring Hurley. Waiting to hear back if they can still honor it, but I don't see it being too much of a problem. Smile

GREAT pull Ariana! I can't imagine Inkworks would have an issue honoring it.

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
quote:

GREAT pull Ariana! I can't imagine Inkworks would have an issue honoring it.

Yeah, I don't think so either. I was really excited, because over the weekend, my boyfriend finally made me sit down and watch the entire first season of the show (which I've never been able to do), and I found myself getting hopelessly addicted. When I was out today, I decided on a whim to buy a couple random packs, but I never expected to pull anything good. Smile

(Of course, now I'm even more jealous of Patdata and his amazing autographed propworks find! Wink )

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I purchased the last 8 packs of a box of Marvel Masterpieces and pulled a Jessica Hickman Wolverine sketch(head shot).
I have got to get my act together and get the images of the 3 MM sketches I pulled together. All there are head shots of major marvel icons Spider-man, Cyclops, and now Wolverine.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
3 packs from the comic shop today left me with this...

part 2 of a 2 panel sketch by John Watkins Chow

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
I bought the LAST pack of Fathom from a shop that had the packs for years, and I pulled an Andy Park auto! It was too sweet for words Smile

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of anjee
posted Hide Post
nice! Thumb Up

Posts: 310 | Location: madison,wi | Registered: January 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
I bought the last 19 packs of Star Wars 30th Anniversary from a comics book shop^. I got 1 red parallel card, 3 blue parallel cards Smile, 18 tryptich cards Thumb Up and finally this:

Dance Elephant Needless to say, I was happy even if I don't collect sketch.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
homerun there, great pull!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
I grabbed some Marvel Masterpieces 2007 packs in FP today, and pulled this:

Not sure who the artist or even character are.

Looks good, but sketch ain't my thing so it's up for trade (hope to update my list this weekend).

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bealay:
I grabbed some Marvel Masterpieces 2007 packs in FP today, and pulled this:

Not sure who the artist or even character are.

Looks good, but sketch ain't my thing so it's up for trade (hope to update my list this weekend).

I'm always trading for sketches - drop me a line if you wish - sketchcards @ hotmail.com

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post