Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Premier
 Login/Join

Picture of dough boy
posted
So I am curious as to the "rarity" and "value" of some of the cards.

For instance there are 50 base cards each numbered to 199. This means there should be no more than 4,975 boxes (since each box contains 2 base cards).

If this is the case then why would a CC-4 which has a ratio of 1:33.3 be going (asking) for $250 when there should be about 150 of them. There are 3 times as many CC-4's as there are 1's (since they are limited to 50).

I saw another person who had listed some cards at $70 when they were going for no more than $25. Is the problem the rippers/flippers who have so much invested in a box that in order to cover the $200/box price they refuse to let the market dictate what the price is?

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think there are even less boxes as I am sure they held back some base for damage replacements, and some boxes I opened had 3 base cards

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Plus, the way "chase" cards are valued versus "base" cards that might even be scarcer, doesn't always make sense. This goes back to when we might have had packs of 6 base cards + 1 insert, but the base set was 90 cards and the pricier inserts were a set of 9. Cool

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dough boy:
So I am curious as to the "rarity" and "value" of some of the cards.

For instance there are 50 base cards each numbered to 199. This means there should be no more than 4,975 boxes (since each box contains 2 base cards).

If this is the case then why would a CC-4 which has a ratio of 1:33.3 be going (asking) for $250 when there should be about 150 of them. There are 3 times as many CC-4's as there are 1's (since they are limited to 50).

Your math is a bit off. There should be about 150 of the group A CC's, but there are 5 different cards in that group. So that makes about 30 of each one.

Posts: 6 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: February 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post