Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Older Marvel Cards at Dollar Tree
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Older Marvel Cards at Dollar Tree
 Login/Join

Picture of dstrohmeng
posted
I was at Dollar Tree today and noticed a Marvel display box. It had images of the Marvel Vs. cards on it, but inside it had a bunch of older Marvel packs. I saw Vs, OverPower, ReCharge, Genio, Hulk movie, Spider-Man 2 movie, Topps Marvel Legends, Genio and DC Versus Marvel. There may have been others, but that's all I can remember right now. I'll have to check some other stores for more.

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The older ones found at a discount store these days is unusual to be sure.

I'd snap up those "Marvel Legends" in a heartbeat. The hobby edition had sketches, and the retail edition has a foil parallel set of the base cards. While they are found one per pack, the retail run was very limited compared to the hobby run, so those foil parallels are very collectible today, especially more popular characters like Spider-Man and Wolverine.

Thanks for the tip, I'm not holding out much hope this is a nationwide thing, but we have two Dollar Trees in town, so I'll check 'em out.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
I picked up the only Legends pack and the only DC vs Marvel pack. I'm going to buy all of the Genio packs next week. I had never even heard about these before yesterday. I checked another store and they didn't have anything. We have at least 5 more stores in the area, so I'll check all of them.

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh man! I loved DC vs Marvel and Overpower back in the day. I'll have to check out my local Dollar Tree and hopefully I'll find some of these card packs also!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
I really loved Marvel Overpower too. I have almost a complete set (of all the sets) and a ton of extras. I wish we had a Dollar Tree around here.

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
@dstrohmemg- which Overpower packs were available? I wish that they were the IQ set or later- the earlier ones seem to be fairly easy to find on eBay while the later ones are much rarer and much more expensive.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
I really liked the IQ and X-Men Expansion Overpower sets. I remember back in the day buying boxes of those and they are harder and more expensive to find now. I have a ton of extras if someone wants to trade one day.

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanoElMano
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
I really loved Marvel Overpower too. I have almost a complete set (of all the sets) and a ton of extras. I wish we had a Dollar Tree around here.

Elaine, we will soon. Dollar Tree bought out one of the Canadian dollar store chains (Dollar Giant, I believe). The question is will they carry the same stuff as the U.S. stores.

Dan

Posts: 44 | Location: Canada, below the 49th. | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure which OverPower packs were there. I'll check this weekend when I get back to that store. I checked three more stores today and they didn't have anything. Also, all the cards in the Legends pack were stuck together, so they were pretty much ruined after pulling them apart. The foil card was fine though.

Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
The OverPower cards were the first set. I found another box at a different store and this one had some Man of Steel Vs. packs.

There's another box showing up. It shows Hunchback of Notre Dame, Anastasia and Panini Lion King on it. Inside I found Disney Treasures 1 & 2, 101 Dalmatians and a lot of Anastasia packs. I only bought the three Treasures packs.