Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Say it ain't so, Mike, say it ain't so
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Say it ain't so, Mike, say it ain't so
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted
Mike Tilford posted on facebook that he was ready to sell his all of his collection and move on from the hobby. Over the years on cardtalk, I have seen a number of people come and go but Mike was one of the few special people here. My first Philly show, he took me under his wing and guiding me around (along with Harris). He was one of the first people I traded with here. He was one of the people who if we got out of hand(and I admit a few times I got out of hand), that could step in as a respected voice of reason. Mike is someone I truly respected for his opinions and insight in the Non Sport card world. Like my pals, Rupt and Starwolf and countless others who have drifted away the hobby, you will be missed.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I agree with you Barrett, Mike is very knowledgeable, and always someone you could trust. I will miss his posts here and on Face Book.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I have traded with Mike over the years and have received many leads on promo cards from him. I wish Mike the best of luck!

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I ever had the pleasure. What was Mike's screen name?

In any event I am always sorry to hear of a collector packing it in because so much effort went into it and these are memories of good times. Lots of luck to Mike.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Shame.
I hope that he gets some decent return on his collection.

Best wishes to you in 2015!

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I don't know if I ever had the pleasure. What was Mike's screen name?

In any event I am always sorry to hear of a collector packing it in because so much effort went into it and these are memories of good times. Lots of luck to Mike.

Miket999. He is/was a moderator here as well.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mike will be missed in the hobby. He is a great friend aside from cards, I'm glad cards were able to make us friends.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
We won't let him disappear that quickly, we know where to find him! (But maybe this means that Jo Anne will have to let somebody else win the raffles at the Philly Shows?)

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post