Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Question about BEATLES black and white cards (1964)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about BEATLES black and white cards (1964)
 Login/Join

posted
I was wondering why these card were printed in both Green and Orange backs.

Posts: 64 | Location: Norton Ohio 44203 | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
According to the Sports Americana Price Guide to Non-Sports Cards, Series 2 cards had both the green and orange boxes on the backs. It doesn't say if one's rarer than the other, etc. Just a printing change? Reprinting due to demand?

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Price wise there does not seem to be any diffrence between the green and the orange and the 2nd series fetches roughly the same price as the 1st series.

Source: The Gum Guide by Paul Hart.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
It might not be reflected in the price but I have collected these cards for years and can assure you that the Orange backs are much harder to find that the green. Also, please be careful about buying these cards out of UK as a while back a seller was exposed for selling fakes (reprints) I've held one in my hand and it is extremely difficult to tell them from the originals. I got very suspicious when the card looked so "new" and took a known original with me to a reliable printer. He agreed that the stock used was not likely to have been around 50 years ago.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post