Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

rewards Cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
I know there is a post on these but can not find it
Anyone tell me what Rittenhouse Rewards Cards do for you ?
How do you obtain them ?
Is there anything that you exchange for them
What can you do with them ETC?
Any info appreciated.
Thanks

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The instructions are on the Rittenhouse Archives website, Scifihobby.com, under Rewards FAQ.

Basically you are asked to set up an account with a password. When you buy RA products the packs will have a points number on them. You have to collect the opened wrappers and send them in with a submission form. The points will accumulate in you account until you want to redeem them for a Rewards Card of your choice within the points total you have earned. There is a catalog to tell you what cards are available and for how many points. There are a couple of other rules and a time when you may have to submit a purchase receipt. Its not available to dealers.

I have never set up a rewards account, despite having tossed who knows how many RA wrappers in all the years gone by. It just comes down to my being lazy and not terribly interested in completing sets or getting anything specific in the catalog. I'm stupid like that. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I once ordered some bulk card sets and to my surprise, the packing material used when I received them was thousands of Rittenhouse wrappers.

I redeemed them and got one of pretty much every then-available reward card, about 20 of them. You are only allowed one of each card per account. These were the regular-priced 300 points cards (there are deluxe reward cards with sketches, relics, and autographs that cost a lot more points).

I kept a couple from the sets I collected, but sold off the rest at an average of $30 per card, so I made out like a bandit on what was about a $60 purchase on the bulk sets plus the $8 dollars or so it cost to send the wrappers in, and the $7 in postage to get the cards back from Rittenhouse.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Along with consistently offering the free promos, and the more recent facebook/'social' media promos, I've always thought these free reward cards from RA are what help make them them a cut above in non-sports.

I've only ordered 3x rewards cards (the ones they made for Bond), but what great cards to have for no more than postage costs.

I still need about 260 points and I have my eye on one of the Trek costume cards... alas, not having bought sealed boxes for nearly 10 years now makes getting wrappers a bit harder!

Like chesspieceface, I've also had some nice dealers throw in a few with purchases over the years.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I have all the Q bonus cards from the GOT Sets. Nice cards

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I've got loads of points but nothing to spend them on now the Bond license has gone. Maybe i can use some on the new Dr Who sets.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
I have all the Q bonus cards from the GOT Sets. Nice cards

I have that set, too. I started collecting them early on, when I thought I was going to collect all of the regular cards. That shifted to just autographs half-way through, but I recently used the points I'd accrued over the last few years along with those 500 pandemic points RA was nice enough to give us to pick up the rest.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the info
I have 24 of the empty packs but as I am far away wont be feasible .
The New Zealand company Card Crazy did the same in the early 90s but sent out a flyer to members telling them how to redeem and pay for items that were for sale then went bankrupt and kept the money
I found out later that they could still be redeemed from the liquidator so in the end I got something .

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post