Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    X-Files VHS / DVD cards question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Files VHS / DVD cards question
 Login/Join

Picture of Klepsis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hosie:
There is also an 8 card set from the Australian DVD & videos . I dont think there is a difference between them . Dam I will have to pull apart my x-files room to find out now. I am missing the last 4 cards from them US set. I have i few spares if anyone wants to trade

I can sympathize with you on that. I would like to see an image if there is any noticible difference in them though. I'm still trying to chase down cards v31 thru v37 on the US VHS set and have had absolutely no luck in tracking down any more of the DVD variants.
I wonder how many interational variations were made, assuming that Tattoox's Korean cards are not printed in English.

Posts: 44 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: January 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Klepsis:
quote:
There is also an 8 card set from the Australian DVD & videos . I dont think there is a difference between them . Dam I will have to pull apart my x-files room to find out now. I am missing the last 4 cards from them US set. I have i few spares if anyone wants to trade

I can sympathize with you on that. I would like to see an image if there is any noticible difference in them though. I'm still trying to chase down cards v31 thru v37 on the US VHS set and have had absolutely no luck in tracking down any more of the DVD variants.
I wonder how many interational variations were made, assuming that Tattoox's Korean cards are not printed in English.

OK all the cards are the same , well the ones I can compare are the same as I havent opened all my dvds & videos, only a few. I will try to find images of the cards for you to see.

Posts: 48 | Location: Australia | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I have a ton of these in box somewhere.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I've said for years that I've forgot more about X-Files collecting than most will ever know.

I just pulled out my album of XF video cards and can't remember where they all came from.

I Korean cards are in English and slightly larger than business cards.

Of my European VHS/DVD cards I have 3 from Germany and 3 from Mexico in German and Spanish.

I have 3 duplicates in one sleeve that I'm not sure where they came from, but all 3 are one thinner stock and 2 of them are slightly larger than all the others.

Found 4 that where put a few sleeves further back in the album. Don't know why I did that, but the format on the backs are slightly different.

So, in addition to those 10, I have 11 from Europe.

Then there's the 8 cards (postcard size) from an exclusive UK VHS release.

8 cards approx. 7x4 that I think came from Australia. Then 4 of those were also in a set from France in French.

A couple of DVD cards from US DVDs.

And there's various cards in the album that match some of the video cards, like bookmarks. Cards for Playstation and computer games.

Oh, I just found a 3 cards dvd set that I have no idea where it come from.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Klepsis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
I've said for years that I've forgot more about X-Files collecting than most will ever know.

Wow, that is impressive. It sounds like there are a few cards from each country where any of the tapes and discs were sold. Makes me think that there should be some French and Japanese versions out there somewhere as well.

I doubt that I will try to actively pursue the foreign cards, but if you decide to part with any of them (as unlikely as that may be Smile ) I would be interested in hearing about it.

Posts: 44 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: January 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Wow, that is impressive. It sounds like there are a few cards from each country where any of the tapes and discs were sold. Makes me think that there should be some French and Japanese versions out there somewhere as well.

I doubt that I will try to actively pursue the foreign cards, but if you decide to part with any of them (as unlikely as that may be Smile ) I would be interested in hearing about it.

I said that that one set is in French. The smaller cards I've only found in German and Spanish. Interesting story. I bought those cards from Germany, and assumed the Spanish ones came from Spain. I was wrong. The seller told me they lived in Mexico for two years. That card had a long journey.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Klepsis
posted Hide Post
quote:
I said that that one set is in French.

Ah, yes. Well, somedays I read faster than I comprehend. Sorry I missed the line about the French cards. Smile The story about the Spanish card is interesting though. I wouldn't have expected that either.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
There was also the cards in the were in the X-Files videos available from WH Smiths. These were more postcard sized and I think there was only eight in total (2 per video) and numbered 1A, 1B up to 4B.

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Potato Head:
There was also the cards in the were in the X-Files videos available from WH Smiths. These were more postcard sized and I think there was only eight in total (2 per video) and numbered 1A, 1B up to 4B.

Yes, that's the one I mentioned as the UK box set.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have extra's of most of the US version. I don't have a V37 but do have V31 thru V36. I can trade.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Klepsis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
I have extra's of most of the US version. I don't have a V37 but do have V31 thru V36. I can trade.

I would like to thank John for helping me complete my set of the VHS cards. He was quite generous! Clap

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Klepsis,

Picture of Klepsis
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:

I would like to thank John for helping me complete my set of the VHS cards. He was quite generous! Clap

bumped to thank John

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
You think if you buy the complete DVD series of seasons, you would get all the cards.
I forgot about these for some time as I was busy with my life. Now, not so much. The reason I got back into collecting last time was, that I was bored and lonely and needed something to do. Well, same applies now.
I believe there were 42 cards plus a promo for the VHS collection. I also noticed I'm missing 2 cards. V.33 and V.34. Anyone know what episodes these were in?
Thanks, Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I got the full 42 card (43 if you include the movie card) U.S. VHS card set maybe 15 years ago for maybe $35. Always considered it one of my best purchases in this hobby.
It’s a great set with fantastic artwork. Shame there were not more cards for cover more episodes.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I found the two cards you are looking for in the boxed set pictured below.

The first tape contained the cards PIPER MARU (V.31) and APOCRYPHA (V.32)

The second tape contained the cards PUSHER (V.33) and JOSE CHUNG (V.34) - the cards you need

The third tape contained the cards WETWIRED (V.35) and TALITHA CUMI (V.36)

Hope this helps.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Do you want to part with them? Also there is a promo for this many include with these. I saw a variant on Ebay but they didn't know anything about them. Let me know about V.33 and V.34. Thanks Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Message to John Order:
Please let me know if you can help with X-Files VHS #s V.33 and V.34.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I do not want to part with them.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post