Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Webjon... Joss Whedon Auto.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Webjon... Joss Whedon Auto.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted
There is currently a Joss Whedon Auto for sale on eBay and it is from a seller that you have doubts about.

He goes by a star wars type name... Wink

Here is the title of the listing.

Buffy Season 1 Joss Whedon A1 Autograph

Does this card look legit to you????

Thank you!

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Also, there are a few Joss Whedon Auto cards available on eBay.

They all appear to look different to me... Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This one. . .
[IMG]http://i.ebayimg.com/24/!C!1!Hhg!2k~$(KGrHqMOKnIEz5nkeJpwBNErs-YQ8Q~~_3.JPG[/IMG]

I'm definitely not an expert in Buffy autographs, and I don't have a known good scan or card to compare with, but there is nothing obvious that bothers me about this card.

What looks different in the autographs to you? The actual signature or the card?

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm. . . it's odd the image won't work. . . if you copy and paste that link it should bring up the pic.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
There are three online now and the H in Whedon looks different in each one.

I wanted to get a Whedon Season 1 Auto and never got a chance and the price is not that bad.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I am having trouble getting the pics to post properly...

But each Joss Whedon on eBay has the H in Whedon very different.

posted Hide Post
Hmm. . . Yeah, I see what you mean. . .

The 'J's bother me -- some come to a point at the top and some loop. . . and on the 'D' some of the ends curl in and some don't. . .

Tough call, could just be a signature variation, you'd have to compare to a known good card or several known good autographs to know for sure.

Jon

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I would not worry too much on those, they seems very alike.

People like me have different signatures so those could be legit if you want my point of view.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Thanks Webjon and archifou...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
One more thing... does the price seem low?

I always thought the card was selling or listed on eBay for around $200 or more...

What do you think is a good eBay price for the card?

posted Hide Post
I have no idea as I haven't followed this card -- hopefully someone else chimes in!

Jon

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The price about right for the Whedon Season 1 auto...the J in Joss is different than in mine, but I believe the card in that auction is legit

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
I have no idea as I haven't followed this card -- hopefully someone else chimes in!

Jon
Thank you again for all of your input...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
The price about right for the Whedon Season 1 auto...the J in Joss is different than in mine, but I believe the card in that auction is legit

Thank you for the info and the photo of your auto. It helps a lot.

posted Hide Post
Anyone else miss the days when all we had to worry about was people moving star pics stickers and acting as art assistants on the poorer sketch cards?

--Chris

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
It just sold with the Buy it Now... I missed it.

Hopefully another one will pop up with a decent price.

Thanks to everyone for all of their help!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Joss Whedon Auto on eBay for a decent price and from a different seller.

I am happy I was finally able to get one after all of these years.

posted Hide Post
This is def legit. I have a signed Joss Whedon card & the signature looks more or less the same. My card is not an inkworks offical card, but it does have a certificate from endzones.

Posts: 48 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: January 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post