Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Projectionist Sets
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted
Does anyone know if there are projections sets of cards for "Black Widow" and/or "Jungle Cruise"?

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are projectionist sets?

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post

These cards were included with the film that was sent to the theaters as a gift to the projectionists at the theater. Each card has a different character on the front and information on the back about how to make the film run great from a projectionist's standpoint.

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool -- thanks for sharing.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
Not to open a proverbial can of worms, but would these be considered promo cards?

They're not part of any actual card set, but, in a way, they do promote the movie (if only to the projectionists).

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
These cards were included with the film that was sent to the theaters as a gift to the projectionists at the theater. Each card has a different character on the front and information on the back about how to make the film run great from a projectionist's standpoint.

It kind of looks like these cards were on Disney/Pixar films. Were other studios handing them out for their movies?

I also was unaware of anything called Projectionist cards. Wouldn't they be more like promos, as they were free to a targeted group? Like a dealer promo for example.

Hah, just read your last post after I made mine. Yes, my point was the same. I would call them promos.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
So far, I've seen them only for Disney/Pixar films.

Sometimes, I can talk the projectionist at the drive-in into letting me have some. It's virtually impossible to track down the cards at the multiplex movie theaters.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This list was posted elsewhere on Card Talk in 2013. Not sure if others came afterwards

HEre is the list of the projectionist set I know of from Pixar :

- Monsters University (2013) : 11 card set
- Brave (2012) : 9 card set
- Cars 2 (2011) : 9 card set, 10 cards set
- Toy Story 3 (2010) : 10 card set, 11 card set
- Up (2009) : 11 card set
- Wall.E (2008) : 10 card set, 11 card set
- Ratatouille (2007) : 9 card set, 11 card set
- Cars (2006) : 10 card set
- The Incredibles (2004) : 9 card set

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone had on ebay (auction sold for $20) a set of cards for Captain America: Civil War which says "Perfect Projection" on the back, and tells you how to run the movie. Looks like it was sent to theater operators.

Are there other Marvel sets ?

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
"Tomorrowland" can be added to the list. I got that set from the drive-in projectionist.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've seen the Monsters University set available as a 10-card set as well. The 11-card version must have an IMAX card or some other special addition.

Here's another thread in which they are discussed:

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....487087795#1487087795

The various projectionist sets have different price ranges. Maybe 3-5 years ago, I was able to get the 10-card and 11-card Wall-E sets for $10-15 each but those were either lucky finds or the value has gone up. The Ratatouille set still sells for about $10-15 but Brave and Monsters University go for $25 or more. The sets with that extra card go for more. Most of the completist Disney collectors would have them all already with the possible exception of the more recent ones.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
This list was posted elsewhere on Card Talk in 2013. Not sure if others came afterwards

HEre is the list of the projectionist set I know of from Pixar :

- Monsters University (2013) : 11 card set
- Brave (2012) : 9 card set
- Cars 2 (2011) : 9 card set, 10 cards set
- Toy Story 3 (2010) : 10 card set, 11 card set
- Up (2009) : 11 card set
- Wall.E (2008) : 10 card set, 11 card set
- Ratatouille (2007) : 9 card set, 11 card set
- Cars (2006) : 10 card set
- The Incredibles (2004) : 9 card set

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's card #11 from the Wall-E set with the extra instructions for digital projection:

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post