Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Question About James Bond A63 Auto
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question About James Bond A63 Auto
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I see on Jeff Allendar's page, the Lana Wood "Diamonds Are Forever" A63 auto for the 2006 James Bond Liaisons set listed as not inserted in the packs, but seen as an after market auto

Was this card later inserted in a packs of a subsequent Bond set ??? I thought that this happened with a few Rittenhouse Bond autos--it was "unofficially" released, but later came out "officially"

Anyone know ????

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to Rittenhouse's checklist, the A63 was later inserted in the 2007 Bond set. I guess it is the same card

However, I do not know the answer to your other question. Are there any RA Bond autos which have shown up on ebay, which have never been officially released ?

I recall one, an oversized duo auto of Richard Kiel (Jaws) and his gal, from Moonraker, which was clearly made by Rittenhouse, which showed up on ebay, and was said to be a convention card

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Are there any RA Bond autos which have shown up on ebay, which have never been officially released ?

Rittenhouse promos which have never been released are allways showing up on ebay but as far as I know no autographs have. You may see some slightly oversized autographs which are given to the signers to use at conventions.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
When you say "unreleased promos", I take it that you are referring to the 7 or 8 different ones that came out around 2001-02, namely the variants on Xena, Farscape, Hercules, etc ?

It's been a long time, but I think the last "unreleased" RA promo that I am aware of, was on the Outer Limits set they did in 2003 or 04. has there been anything else ?

No one ever saw the Wolverine P1 by RA, to my knowledge

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
It was a long while back but I recall the A63 Lana Wood auto floating about on eBay just before Dangerous Liaisons came out. People thought it would be released in that set but it didn't pop up until The Complete Bond the year after.

As wolfie says, these ones that tend to pop up separately from a set release tend to be fractionally larger in size to differentiate them from the auto cards signers are given for their own personal use.

I can't think of any that have hit eBay that we are still waiting to see.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The only thing I remember about the Lana Wood autograph is that it is the only autograph card with a B/W photo in an otherwise color set.

I guess this is the same A63 card, but how is it B/W? Is that the only publicity still RA could find of her character?

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
The A63 is a colour photo, same image as the first full bleed she did.

She's done 3 full-bleeds so far, the last of which was black & white. Otherwise not sure what you mean Raven

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
The A63 is a colour photo, same image as the first full bleed she did.

She's done 3 full-bleeds so far, the last of which was black & white. Otherwise not sure what you mean Raven

I only own the full bleed black and white, which came from a 2011 or 2012 release, so I guess it is not the A63 after all. It is often hard for the casual observer to tell to which set a Bond autograph belongs without the numbers on the card and only the movie title on the back.

Still, the question remains, why is that a card photo a B/W when I have seen only color pictures from Diamonds Are Forever?

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
It will just be a publicity still Raven. Sometimes they might use b&w because of better image quality (perhaps the reason Timothy Moxon's full bleed from Dr. No was b&w) but here I'd guess just for the sake of variety.