Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    New Asylum Art Society
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Asylum Art Society
 Login/Join

Picture of RAMolinelli
posted
http://asylumartsociety.freeforums.org/index.php

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RAMolinelli,

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
So is this a new studio or a new forum, Ram? If it's the former, are you guys working on a new series? And if its the later, how are you differentiating yourselves from Scoundrel Art Community? I don't mean to be insulting or whatever...it's just the first thing I think when I look at the site is that it looks like the same focus as Scoundrel.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Harris,

The difference between us and them, first and for most is that we respect all the members of the forum the same. Unlike said forum where there is a bunch of "clicks" or "lynch mobs" as you will, attacking other members for their differing opinions with out repercussion. When the victim, for lack of a better word, attempts to defend himself or herself, the threads are locked. So basically the same group of people continuously keep verbally attacking anyone they feel doesn't agree with their views and nothing is done. It's come down to bullying and I have to be honest myself and a large number of other artists don't like posting there because of that. I think that's a great reason for change. Secondly, yes, we created a studio that will be producing a product and or products. We will be announcing our first release very soon and we are extremely excited about it. So this is basically a forum for Asylum Studios to lay the ground work for their permanent website. Stay tuned. Thirdly, if you look at the sections closely, we will be catering to comic artists as well as card artists. As we will be venturing into both fields we thought that having those sections would be the natural way to go. I hope I answered any questions you had about Asylum Studios Harris. Feel free to contact me if there's anything else you need.

Best,

Jim

Jim Kyle

Posts: 353 | Location: Jersey | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
An interesting new venture but it looks to have a few little glitches that will need ironing out. The first thing I did was read The Rules, including Rule 3:

3. Inappropriate language is not permitted on the support forum. Abbreviations, misspellings, and any other attempts to circumvent the word censoring systems also violate this rule.

I then went to the 'Welcome' thread in the Announcements section and found that one of the founders of the studio has been allowed to use what I would consider inappropriate language without having it censored in the very first reply. Not getting off to a great start.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh yea that's Lance....lol. He's excited for the venture. Although compared the the **** that's going on at Scoundrel, I don't see that as a huge deal. It's was fixed accordingly but It's a word, that's all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JimKyle,

Jim Kyle

Posts: 353 | Location: Jersey | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimKyle:
oh yea that's Lance....lol. He's excited for the venture. Although compared the the **** that's going on at Scoundrel, I don't see that as a huge deal. It's a word, that's all.
But it breaks one of the rules stated for the operation of the forum. What's the point of having a clearly stated rule about the language that is allowed on the forum, if it gets broken immediately and one of the main operators of the forum doesn't think it's a problem ?

P.S. I see the problem was fixed while I was typing my reply but my question still stands. On any forum, the words that are used are the be all and end all of how it runs. So the phrase 'it's just a word' is also highly inappropriate Smile

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's totally cool that you feel that way, and I see your point. See that's the point of the Asylum forum. You can have you're opinions and they are respected. You felt the word was inappropriate, I felt it's just a harmless word, but I fixed it. See, we disagreed but still came to a resolution. Isn't the world of Asylum great?..lol.

Jim Kyle