Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!?
 Login/Join

Picture of pendragon
posted
Get a load of the asking price for this sketch card on the popular auction site. Am I missing something here? Item #140572120882

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
quote:

ACEO.... lol

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pendragon:
Get a load of the asking price for this sketch card on the popular auction site. Am I missing something here? Item #140572120882
Possibly. It's certainly a cheap and effective way of getting quite a lot of people to look at his other listings, most of which are much more sensibly priced and several are pretty good Smile

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Did you see the sketch that he's asking Ten Times that amount for Eek
I think it's like Kevin has said, a way to get people to look.
The animal paintings are quite amazing though.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Spend 20 cent listing fee (he's got a store) and get a LOT of hits and people see your name. Cheap advertising.

He got us all to look didn't he? Big Grin

He's sold 8 of his Lennon PRINTS he has listed at 21 million. So he's taking offers that are realistic, obviously.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
It is a Star Wars card. In middle of a Star Wars promotion in eBay. It is obviously a way of the artist to create promo for him.

It is like the other "strange" auctions that just are trying to get the media attention.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is a cheap stunt and should be considered spam, you can get the same result by starting your listing at one cent with free shipping. If you had that much faith in your abilities you'd have the same result, as your cards final value would obviously be bid up into the million dollar range. Pretty pathetic really.

Posts: 559 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
It's not the Pence, Perna or Owen card I expected for this kind of price Razz I've put in an offer Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Sold for $50.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
It's not the Pence, Perna or Owen card I expected for this kind of price Razz I've put in an offer Big Grin

what??? u've seen pence, perna or owens at that price? ..
what about Gooney, Martineck and Nar?

Posts: 78 | Location: cave on an island, usa | Registered: May 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post