Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fair Price?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi i was wondering whats a fair price for this card?
Quincy Jones 1/1

Posts: 62 | Location: australia | Registered: May 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it all depends on the collector's wants. I wouldn't pay more than $10 as it has no meaning to me IMHO.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Out of curiousity, what company produced it and what series?

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
Out of curiousity, what company produced it and what series?

Famous Fabrics
Music Music Music

Posts: 62 | Location: australia | Registered: May 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well that's a good question and I believe the pricing on this type of cut signature autograph is really all over the place.

First of all, these Music Music boxes contain 3 cards and the going cost seems to be in the $190 - $200 range per box. The cut signature is the big hit and the other 2 are memoribilia cards, mainly swatches. That doesn't mean that every cut signature should be worth that much, it just means that someone paid it to open the box. Big Grin

Now that you know its a Quincy Jones autograph that was pulled it has to be priced solely on his worth. He is still alive, that takes away from the value of a cut signature when the celebrity can still be signing. While he is a name in the music industry, he would not be regarded as a current superstar, that takes away also.

Just as a "guesstimate" I would say that a true Quincy Jones fan might be willing to pay $50 - $60. A non-fan would have little interest and might not go higher than $20.

These products with random celebrity cuts and a high price point are really big risks. Sometimes you can hit a big prize, but buyers have to realize that most of the time you will lose money. This single cut signature will never be worth the cost of the Music Music box, but that is the chance you take.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the great info

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
If you're selling this card, then make absolutely sure you hammer home the connection between Quincy Jones and Michael Jackson. Quincy was also the man responsible for the, "We Are The World" project.

Quincy was also the driving force behind Miles Davis' last album, which was a monster record for jazz fans.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
If you're selling this card, then make absolutely sure you hammer home the connection between Quincy Jones and Michael Jackson. Quincy was also the man responsible for the, "We Are The World" project.

Quincy was also the driving force behind Miles Davis' last album, which was a monster record for jazz fans.

thanks for the great info!

Picture of eng621
posted Hide Post
Another thing to look at is the quality. It looks as though part of the signature (loop) was cut off. If that is the case that could really hurt the value too.

Posts: 113 | Location: Yorkville,IL., USA | Registered: April 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post