Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Desert Storm Uncut Test sheet "Victory in the Gulf"

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/9707006296

February 13, 2020, 03:26 PM
beamer
Desert Storm Uncut Test sheet "Victory in the Gulf"
Hi everyone. It's been a while since I posted. As many of you know I retired and moved to Florida. Well 3 years later we are still unpacking and while doing so I came across an uncut test sheet of Desert Storm cards from Topps. There were 2 different sheets produced as a test set that never made it to print. It was called "Victory in the Gulf" and instead of the familiar shield on the front of all Topps desert Storm cards, it has an EAGLE. Each sheet had 66 cards and together it was a complete set of 132. Sadly, I won the bid on only one sheet back in 2003. I recently started to do research on it and found nothing, not even mention of it anywhere on any website. Topps told me they were one-of-a-kind test sheets and because the war ended so quickly, Topps decided to stop production on the set. In addition to the uncut sheets, Topps also auctioned off about 12 different individual black and white test cards from the same set. These cards were never released to the public until they were auctioned from their Topps vault store.

I am wondering if anyone out there may be the owner of the other sheet. I am trying to put together a complete checklist of all cards made. I have one checklist on my sheet and I assume the other sheet also has one. I have scanned each card on the sheet that I have. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.
Images available upon request.
Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: beamer,