Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Grail Card(s)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nice, not bad considering how difficult those cards were to pull in the first place. Good thing you waited and never pulled the trigger on buying one. As a comic book dealer once said to me, "time is on your side, kid" when I was having a tough time deciding to buy a book. It was good advice! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
WOW, you were very lucky. That's one of the very few Buffy autos I still need!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I recently agreed to purchase a master set of Daredevil so I have the Affleck and Garner autos from that set incoming. The Affleck is probably the best Affleck auto I've seen on those cards and the Garner isn't bad either. I'll post scans when I get them which will be a couple of weeks as I haven't paid for it yet.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see the collection Chuck!

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Another "grail" in less than a week. I've been looking for this card since I saw JT draw it on ustream. Never thought it would end up in my collection.

Thank you so much, Dan!

I had sent JT a pic of my dog, Baxter, when he was drawing P'ups Master cards. Even has my ID on it for an address. Here is the picture of Baxter that was sent.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: prospect5k,

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple new arrivals

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
wow, a nice grab ChuckSmile

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I still need those! I won't ask what you paid for them though.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since we are talking about holy grails, does anybody have holy grails from FPG the fantasy card company that went under a while back?

Thanks,
David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
SWEEEET cards, Chuck!!! I always get geeked when I see that Garner autograph. Great addition to the collection.

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpolis:
Since we are talking about holy grails, does anybody have holy grails from FPG the fantasy card company that went under a while back?

Thanks,
David

I pulled a Joe Jusko auto out of a box.
My recent Holy Grails are my Robert Downey Jr., Edward Norton and Hugh Jackman autos. and my wife finished her Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire autograph set (first set and update)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rich65,

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
What did Edward Norton sign for?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Norton signed for THE HULK.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cardaddict,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Very nice collection CardAddict Drool

edit; I just did a quick search on ebay and found a different Norton Auto.
Did he sign two different cards?
The one I found on the bay had a picture of Norton as Bruce Banner, but I like your Hulk picture better.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
There were two variants. Norton as Banner was part of the regular Expansion set and numbered to 375. Norton as The Hulk (pictured above) was the Three-Set Incentive along with a variant Ferrigno autograph. There are 125 of each of those variants.

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Hulk say "Arghhhhhh! Cardaddict still need variant! Make me so MADDD!"

Actually, I have them all on reserve with a dealer, but he wants money for them, can you believe it!!??

posted Hide Post
I have the Norton as The Hulk as well. My Robert Downey Jr. is as Iron Man. I almost forgot to mention my Michael Caine from the Batman Begins set.The first pack I ever opened of that set I pulled the card which made my day since he is one of my all time favorite actors. My favorite pulls in the past few months has been an Olga Kurylenko Luv You from the last Bond set and an Eric Carr drumhead relic numbered to 25 Metal from The Legend of KISS set.

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
a few recent pickups

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Wow, nice!

I guess Seth Rogen only knows how to spell the first letter of his first name.

posted Hide Post
I like the two Joe Jusko ERB sets a lot! I am still looking for a few specific autographed cards from the first series.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post