Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Grail Card(s)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I cannot narrow it down, but I would like to get all the PW cards from the 3 season of Smallville.

I am getting there, slowly!

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I have/had several "holy grail" cards.

Some I have, some I don't.

Want and now have:

A7. Charisma Carpenter as Cordelia Chase from Angel season 2.

A24. Eliza Dushku as Faith from Angel season 4.

Want, but do NOT have:

A3. Alyson Hannigan as Willow Rosenberg from Buffy season 1.

If Alyson ever signs for a Buffy or Angel set again, this will fall off my holy grail list, i believe.

A5. Charisma Carpenter as Cordelia Chase from Buffy season 2.

I adore Charisma and want both of her autos, so it's one down.....

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:

I adore Charisma and want both of her autos, so it's one down.....

Val

Well with Inkworks doing a Veronica Mars set there is a chance there could be a Charisma and/or Alyson autograph in it. I'm not sure if that would be good news or bad news for you. Wink
Personally I'm hoping for both. Big Grin

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
The fact that Inkworks is doing a Mars set is awesome.....I actually don't watch the show much, but would buy the cards if we got some really good signers, I noticed the other thread where people put up their auto wish lists and there are some good actors on there.

Alyson Hannigan
Charisma Carpenter
Lisa Rinna (for my hehe, Melrose Place actors set, which already has Heather Locklear and Alyssa Milano...LOL)
Harry Hamlin
Steve Guttenberg

Good stuff..

Val

I would totally chase those down.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
I have a new holy grail - Serenity A1 of Nathan Fillion. He's my new boyfriend, so I gotta have his auto! (Yes, I know he's not really mine, but it's nice to dream isn't it?)

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica:
I have a new holy grail - Serenity A1 of Nathan Fillion. He's my new boyfriend, so I gotta have his auto! (Yes, I know he's not really mine, but it's nice to dream isn't it?)

I'll try to make one of your boxes the 'right' one then... Big Grin

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Natalie:
I can only pick one? I'd have to say the Jolie auto from the first Tomb Raider. Maybe if I win the lottery...

*LOL* That is my Holy Grail card too!!

TR Smile

Posts: 314 | Location: USA | Registered: February 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Resurrecting old topic...

Has anybody acquired any of their grail cards since they last posted here?

I haven't had much luck myself, although I did get the Van Helsing Dracula's Bride costume card!

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
mine would be the pwr1 for charmed destiny

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I've added the Dorothy prop card from the Wizard of Oz to the top of my list.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
Resurrecting old topic...

I did - Buffy Big Bads PW-2. But I've also added a several more grail cards to my want list in its place. Big Grin

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:

Since Sept 05 I purchased a Farscape A1, so that's off my list, but still have loads of sketches on my list along with all the autos from Farscape TTW (especially the DA1)...

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Cards of "Holy Grail" status don't come along very often, the only one in the last few years for me was the Veronica Mars Kristen Bell autograph which I thankfully pulled from one of my boxes.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
My Holy Grail Cards:

#1 - Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2 - Charisma Carpenter Autograph (Full signature version)
#2 - Buffy the Vampire Slayer Big Bads PW2
#3 - Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 1 - Alyson Hannigan Autograph
#4 - Lost in Space: The Movie Lacey Chabert Autograph

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
My current (and long-standing) Holy Grails are as follows in order:

1.) Goldeneye - Binder
2.) Bond Connoisseur Collection Vol.2 - Platinum G2
3.) Bond Connoisseur Collection Vol.3 - Platinum G1
4.) Danegrous Liaisons - Famke Janssen autograph
5.) The Quotable James Bond - WA21 Cary Lowell autograph
6.) James Bond Series 1 & 2 - Binder (by Eclipse)
7.) Bond Connoisseur Collection - Uncut Platinum Sheet G1-G3
8.) Bond Connoisseur Collection - Uncut Goldworks Sheet G1-G3
9.) Bond 40th Anniversary - Unredeemed "D" game card
10.) Connoisseur Collection Vol.2 - A MINT, un-folded sell sheet
11.) The World Is Not Enough - R1 Unused auto redemption cards for Llewelyn, Bond & Goldie
12.) Women of Bond (Widevision) - Unused auto redemption cards for Munro, Maxwell, Chiles, Eaton & Wood
13.) X-Files Season 9 - Robert Patrick autograph
14.) Batman Begins - Liam Neeson auto

As can be seen that would be one expensive list to obtain (in the £2,000 region) ever wonder why we call these things 'grails'? WinkBig Grin

On a happier note as I mentined earlier in this thread I desperately wanted a Goldeneye numbered promo and found one for £20 as Darren at Cards Inc had one in by fluke a couple of years back. I also craved for any Gillian Anderson X-Files auto and was lucky enough to pull one from a single box last summer. But more recently I purchased the "Aston Martin Instant Winner" card from the Tomorrow Never Dies set by inkworks for less than half what I've seen it for. It was found 1:3,6000 packs, or 1 in every 1,000 boxes, or one in every 100 cases, so whips the rarity out of the likes of the ROTS Samuel L. Jackson auto or all the Gillain Anderson autos! Dance

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
i do have a second holy grail card which i have yet to see on ebay and that the pwc2 blue and pick piecework for charmed connections

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
After Gillian Anderson - any

my holy grail was Anna Paquin - Rogue

So on opening my cases I was hoping this would pop out -

- I pulled 5 - Sorted

Mark

Oh if anybody needs any X men 3 - I have the 8 sketches and 1 auto I wanted - so the rest is up for trade (God I have to make a list -) Well at the moment I have every card for trade - Or sale

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
updating i managed to get my pwr1 charmed destiny card

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Congrats Colin! Thumb Up

These are rather hard to find now and I am happy I was able to get mines.

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
thankyou i knew a site that hadit for sale for a while and didnt know if to get of not but in end decided to and glad i did as it was the last one just 1 card left for a master set thats pw2 patterend