Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Grail Card(s)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I think I'd call those GOF cards Holy Grails, or at least Holy Moleys!

Here's a picture. The mirror mirror card, believe it or not, I pack pulled. I paid money for the other two, before Nimoy's unfortunate death.

But the biggest prize here is the Kung Fu Panda 3 fortune cookie!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Sweet cards cardaddict. I always liked those Mirror, Mirror versions and the other title autos are even better when you factor in that they should have cost you less than any signed ST card. Congrats. Thumb Up

I would have eaten that cookie by now. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
I've always wanted a Printing Plate from Charmed Season One. I know they did mounted displays as dealer incentives, but heard rumours a few people found lose printing plate cards randomly inserted by accident into individual packs or boxes. Have never seen one but hope to one day come across someone parting with one.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I did not know about the Charmed plates.
I do have an Inkworks mounted BLACK plate for card number 40 of Buffy Season Seven though.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I remember when Inkworks used to advertise those mounted plate sets on their website.

I would like to get one from one of their X-Files sets if I could ever find one/one I liked!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon

I just checked my own collection knowing that I had a Inkworks mounted plate somewhere in there. I ended up finding three as follows:-

The Simpsons Anniversary Celebration Card 29 Front (10th Anniversary)Magenta Colour

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Reflections The High School Years Card 13 Front Colour Yellow

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Charmed Card Front 11 Cyan Colour

regards

John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOHN LEVITT,

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
That's a really nice collection there John. Llike the Buffy ones and Haven't see that Charmed printing plate before.
I have one from that Charmed set featuring Shannen Doherty (Prue) with the Grimlocks. Will post when my phones charged up. I'd like to collect more (of the Charmed plates) but they're not cheap to come by. But I got the Prue one for $6 so that was a steal.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Here's my Buffy Season Seven plate from Inkworks:

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
That's cool Willow was one of my favorites. Do you have a master set there? Some niece pieceworks. I know the Toga variant was very popular when the set was released.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I think I'm missing one autograph variant, but I can't remember what it was.

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I have several of the Angel and Smallville framed plates. I think I had a Buffy one. I know I got a Cordilla Chase Angel Plate for cordillachasefan as a nsu secret santa gift years ago.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
That's a cool secret santa gift to get. Would you be willing to post photos of your Smallville/Angel plates?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
It was a very cool secret Santa gift to get Smile

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
It's not really a Holy Grail, but I just noticed that I possess the very first card (of Superman flying with Lois Lane in his arms) pictured on the Cryptozoic site for its Superman the Legends release.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
It's not really a Holy Grail, but I just noticed that I possess the very first card (of Superman flying with Lois Lane in his arms) pictured on the Cryptozoic site for its Superman the Legends release.

ha that's cool. How could you tell it was the 'very first card' though?

posted Hide Post
Calling it a holy grail card and then admitting I haven't actively looked for one in probably 6 or 7 years us misleading, but--I have always wanted one of the Daniel Roebuck auto cards from the Inkworks release of Lost Season 1. He inscribed 8 or 10 of them only. I have an image stored somewhere with all of them scanned.

Posts: 233 | Location: Mebane, NC | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by weasel-king:
Calling it a holy grail card and then admitting I haven't actively looked for one in probably 6 or 7 years us misleading, but--I have always wanted one of the Daniel Roebuck auto cards from the Inkworks release of Lost Season 1. He inscribed 8 or 10 of them only. I have an image stored somewhere with all of them scanned.

Is this the one?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:

I just meant it's the first card pictured on the site, upper left, top row. Not the first sketch packaged or anything like that.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:

I just meant it's the first card pictured on the site, upper left, top row. Not the first sketch packaged or anything like that.[/QUOTE]

i'm a fool. Twak thanks for explaining.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
QUOTE FROM NEMESISBOY
My holy grails are:-

X Files San Diego 1999 Fan Club Cards with the scratch off area
---------------------

I do not have these, myself, and I never saw them before. But in the past few days I noticed 3 of the 4 from the set on ebay, and 2 of them are UN scratched.

However, 2 of them have asking prices of $75 dollars each !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post