Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Grail Card(s)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just picked up the Jennifer Garner Season 1 Alias auto so now I have all three of her official autos (Daredevil, Alias Season 1, and Alias Season 2).

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
Wayne did you get it off ebay this morning by chance?

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:

Yeah...the one from adoptmystuff

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:

Yeah...the one 0from adoptmystuff

you outbid me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I actually hadn't planned on bidding on it. If it wasn't for me losing out on the John Ritter brown ink auto, and the Nicholas Brendon auto yesterday, I wouldn't have bid on it.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I actually hadn't planned on bidding on it. If it wasn't for me losing out on the John Ritter brown ink auto, and the Nicholas Brendon auto yesterday, I wouldn't have bid on it.

no worries but it kills me that the series 1 sell for almost 100 more then the series 2

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

no worries but it kills me that the series 1 sell for almost 100 more then the series 2

Yeah...and the Daredevil one is generally more than twice the Season 1 auto. I would be curious to know the print runs on the Season 1 and Season 2 autos. The Daredevil one is apparently limited to 50 cards.

posted Hide Post
Currently it's Summer Glau from the inkworks Serenity series A-7...last card to finish my Firefly/Serenity auto sets!

Posts: 30 | Location: Washington State | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two more grail cards down...I picked these two up from tomunique

and I already have these two which gives me all four Ritter color variations from Buffy Season 2.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
NICE! I wonder how many John Ritter variants there are? I only have two of his, one looks like your black ink one without the 'AS TED' on it, and the other looks like your 2nd from the bottom red ink, without the "TED" on it. So that makes at lease 5 different and I know there are more.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He definitely has other variations...I think someone on the boards has one that says "I love Buffy" on it. I used to own a red one where Ted is colored in with red. I am content with the color variations though

posted Hide Post
For my list, the only actual card would be Journey TT Center of the Earth Hannah's cut off shorts. (For those in the know, what gives? There is a seller on e-bay who actually has this un-cut up pair of screen used Hannah shorts for sale, as well as other props featured on the cards. For that matter, what is up with either of the SI swimsuit Maria Sharapova swatch cards. Clearly, she is featured wearing polka dot bikini's in both pictures, but I have never ever see a multi colour swatch. (?!)).

The rest of my wants are all oddities,
Xena progressive proofs featuring Amarice (jennifer Sky's character)
& the Sabrina the Teenage Witch title card printing plate front

I could add a couple of specific sketch cards to the list, but I can't remember how to upload the pictures (Sorry. We almost need a permanent thread at the top of the page telling, well... me, how to do it!)

I don't usually collect sketches, so the stories often end with me either forgetting to bid, not be allowed to bid (Canadian), or just plain old not being sure how to deal with a seller who either keeps changing his prices or thinks that everything he has is worth the same price--and that price is a fortune! (Come on, some are really tough to value...)

I once lost out on a Randy Queen "Darkchylde" comic book cover when someone out bid me by two cents, and this was a $1000.00+ item. Anyone else have a good story about "the Grail that Got Away?"

--Chris fk5chris@yahoo.ca

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
One that got away - My local card store had pulled a Jessica Alba auto from a DARK ANGEL box and asked if I wanted it for $250. I told them to hold it for 2 days while I made some inquiries, and then decided to take it that very evening. I told them I'd e-mail them about holding it for me, which I did, and went back the next day to purchase it. Right after I'd left the previous day they got a phone call from a collector in Texas who asked if they had any new autograph cards, and they sold him the Alba auto! Was I mad - YES!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HPCollector2011
posted Hide Post
Quad auto/swatch card from Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire Update for the four TriWizard Champions.

Also, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Alan Rickman will sign a card for the DH 2 movie set. He's the only major character who doesn't have an autograph card out.

Posts: 30 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
One that got away - My local card store had pulled a Jessica Alba auto from a DARK ANGEL box and asked if I wanted it for $250. I told them to hold it for 2 days while I made some inquiries, and then decided to take it that very evening. I told them I'd e-mail them about holding it for me, which I did, and went back the next day to purchase it. Right after I'd left the previous day they got a phone call from a collector in Texas who asked if they had any new autograph cards, and they sold him the Alba auto! Was I mad - YES!

But what did the collector in Texas pay for it?

That store owner offered it to you and agreed to hold it for 2 days, so that card should not have been sold until your time was up. The collector probably offered more than the $250 and the owner jumped at it. Hope they lost all your business, they deserve it.

But it may be that its the only hobby shop in your vicinity, in which case they know you will be back no matter what they do. Frown

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Another of my holy grail cards won yesterday afternoon on Ebay: Nathan Fillion Serenity auto for £37.99 inc postage.

I was looking for this at Memorbilia on Sunday but could'nt find for less than £50.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
Finally have a new one . Purchased a 2011 Leaf Pop Century KATE BECKINSALE auto card 11/25 off Ebay . Very nice looking card ! ( just giving ya'll a heads up the promo auto's are out )
Cheers

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Stargaterules,

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
can cross another one off my list

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
After waiting for ages and ages I recently managed to cross off another from my list being the Willy "the Dupe" Dipkin P4 card and now to my horror someone else has one for sale on the bay, how more are out there?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOHN LEVITT,

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well, one seller seems to have a fair few.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post