Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Grail Card(s)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Received this in the mail today.

Posts: 18 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can check Pierce Brosnan off my list, I pulled his autograph card from a box of James Bond Autographs and Relics 2014.

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rich65:
I can check Pierce Brosnan off my list, I pulled his autograph card from a box of James Bond Autographs and Relics 2014.

After years of wanting a card from him I was ecstatic at the chance to buy my Brosnan card (Mission Logs) so I imagine it was a thrill to pull his card from a couple of boxes!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Still looking for these with no success...

Mickey Mouse and Friends Fun Cards promos (Skybox, 1996)

Earth Tribe 5 card set, 2000; released at SDCC that year; promote a comic book

Blue Angels (1991) promo #17

Marvel Universe 93 Punisher sample foil

U.S. Stamp Collectors Cards (1994) any promos except USS1 and 2; at least 8 diff known

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is one of two Buffy cards that I had never owned before (the other is the stake card). Happy to have it in my collection now.

And another hard to find Buffy costume card.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You have deep pockets Wink
I still need that PW-12 for my collection too!!!

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Very nice Chuck, congrats on the editions to your collection.
With the PW12, were you after specific colours for Vi's hat? as I remember that there have been a few different ones for sale over the years. And the PW4 is a really nice variation, I like all the colour in that one.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Very very nice Buffy cards!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Very nice Chuck, congrats on the editions to your collection.
With the PW12, were you after specific colours for Vi's hat? as I remember that there have been a few different ones for sale over the years. And the PW4 is a really nice variation, I like all the colour in that one.

Wasn't looking for specific colors on it...it's so rare as it is trying to get specific colors could take a lifetime...that's not to say I wouldn't pick up another if I found one with different colors.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
Wasn't looking for specific colors on it...it's so rare as it is trying to get specific colors could take a lifetime...that's not to say I wouldn't pick up another if I found one with different colors.

I remember a couple of years ago on the bay, there was a pink/orange and yellow variation that was relisted heaps of times before it sold, I wish I could have grabbed that one but it was out of my price range.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just added a Jeri Ryan from the Star Trek Aliens to my Holy Grail list. Never thought I would pull one, especially from only one box. Metal

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
3 out of 6 of my Bond "Holy Grail" cards:

I've got my fingers crossed for another Lazenby full-bleed (with a photo I like!) and I reckon Timothy Dalton will happen one day, which I'd love on a Licence To Kill card. As for Connery... one can only hope.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by werewolfz:
Mine would be an Alyson Hannigan Buffy series one autograph card Drool

I got one of those back in the day .. paid a dealer UK£50 for it .... he had three, I should have bought more Smile

My best pull ever .. well my wife pulled it actually was the Harrison Ford autograph card from Indiana Jones Heritage ..... only 8 of them ! One card filled the entire pack .. its worth $$$ I believe

Posts: 44 | Location: Reading, UK | Registered: April 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim (UK):
quote:
Originally posted by werewolfz:
Mine would be an Alyson Hannigan Buffy series one autograph card Drool

I got one of those back in the day .. paid a dealer UK£50 for it .... he had three, I should have bought more Smile

My best pull ever .. well my wife pulled it actually was the Harrison Ford autograph card from Indiana Jones Heritage ..... only 8 of them ! One card filled the entire pack .. its worth $$$ I believe

Would love to see a pic of the Ford auto - what a pull! Didn't realise they were thick cards.

posted Hide Post

This is off the web, but mine is the same. For some reason could only post an internet link, and not my own photo.

Auto was stickered, but inset inside a window in the card.

Posts: 44 | Location: Reading, UK | Registered: April 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Great Bond autos and that Harrison Ford card was a miracle to pull, you lucky guys!

BTW - I have a great storage facility here. Just send me those cards for safe keeping. I may even pay the postage.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Love the Ford Indy auto! It's also pretty cool that Harrison Ford's signature could also pass for "Henry Jones" which is, of course, the character's actual name.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ford is my Holy Grail as far as cards go. Have a few signed Official Pix photos of his, but that Heritage card... *drool*

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received my first non-sports redemption card from the 2014-2015 The Chronicals of the Three Stooges. It's a Joe Besser sktch card by Elisabetta Stoinich card #40 of 50. The card front feels like felt. Very cool.

I only received 1 redemption sports card before I switched to vintage sports cards. I have no clue who or what card it was.

Posts: 31 | Location: Boston Mass | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RRParks CARDS
posted Hide Post
In case you're curious, the Chronicles of The Three Stooges redemption cards are genuine etchings -- produced much the same way as Rembrandt produced his etched works about 400 years ago and W. Hollar produced the Hans Hoblein Dance of Death series also about 400 years ago. For the Three Stooges etchings the original pre-painted line drawings of Stoinich were taken and transferred to intaglio plates... and then I individually hand inked, wiped and ran through a traditional 'o' roller Sturges intaglio press each etching card. If you take a magnifying lens and look at the linework you'll see it is 'raised' -- that's the hallmark of an etching print. The paper I used is Arches' archival heavyweight stock (spared no expense on these chase cards! Each one is a fine art print in miniature). If you like the look and feel check out my homage to W. Hollar Hans Holbein ACEO set -- the entire Hans Holbein Dance of Death wood engraving series of the 1500s (perhaps the 'first' non sport trading card series? Debatable?) with the elusive Italian Holbein-attributable image ('coyote ugly' female grim reaper version) each done in etching methods translating the wood engravings to intaglios... and to the best of my knowledge the only fully etched non sport trading card set ever published.

Posts: 87 | Location: Nevada | Registered: July 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post