Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Grail Card(s)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Civil War News #88 checklist - unmarked and in nifty shape.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doggonit:
buffy season 2 cordelia Drool

there are others from other sets, but that's my must have it! card
just too pricey ...
but you never know ...
one day ...

Smile

Thanks for reminding me of my utter stupidity... when this season was in stores, I went to my card guy and he had pulled a Cordy auto. Was going to sell it to me for $8-- yes, thats right, $8. Being young(er) Smile at the time, my father was with me and is the type of person who doesn't consider anyones autograph worth anything (his favorite line is "Well, will they pay for YOUR autograph..." lol). So, needless to say I didn't/couldn't buy it and it was gone the next time I went by myself. [I was spoiled ("School is your job"- so I didn't get a paying job until college... ), so I would have been buying it with Dad's money anyway-- no way I could have bought it right in front of him... Roll Eyes]

So yes, missed out on a Cordy auto for $8. Twak Don't I wish I could turn back time...!

Posts: 1477 | Location: NY | Registered: August 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
I would love to get either of the Angelina Jolie autograph cards and either of the Jennifer Garner autographs. Smile

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Mine was the Gillian Anderson X-Files 6/7 auto card, and I pulled it from a cheap box. Now, it is one of the Harry Potter Emma Watson Hermione autos, but I also really want the Jolene Blalock Stargate auto card. When Ben Browder signs for Stargate, it will be that card, and I'm already saving up for it (I expect it to be at least $150).

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gilgle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
Wow..... I want most of the cards mentioned so far! Big Grin

I recently found one of my Grails... the Terminator FX1, but there are so many more I'd like with this card at the top....

sweet card. I would love to get a Jennifer Garner auto!!!!

Posts: 1247 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Probably for me it would be the Batman & Robin Uma Thurman auto.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Intresting that most peoples wanted cards are autographs or promos.

So much for sketches and costume cards.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:

Martineck sketches.......... more Martineck sketches Big Grin

I still need an Ovion, Cylon Commander (which was only in color), and two vipers... Of the three, I may be able to eventually get an Ovion.

I personally broke a case & a half + an archive box and still had to buy most of the Martineck sketches I have.

I also want the Farscape A1/Browder or the DA1/Browder & Black, but as Jason00 mentioned, he'll probably sign for Stargate - want THAT more Big Grin

And more of the Xena Season 2 autos Smile and Martineck Robots sketches... I could go on & on....

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
The top cards i need to complete masters would be the
Star Trek: The Animated series A2 Leonard Nimoy (Spock)
and
Star Trek Insurrection Gold card G1 Picard, and Autos A7 & A11

My dream would be to get an Archive box of the Art & images of Star Trek with ALL 29 Sketches Drool.
Will there be Archives of A&I of ST?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
From recent sets, I'd have to go with a Pablo Marcos sketch of Belit from Conan Art of the Hyborian Age.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
Do you have one? Drool If so could I get a picture?

Bryan

quote:
Originally posted by MikeFitz:
From recent sets, I'd have to go with a Pablo Marcos sketch of Belit from Conan Art of the Hyborian Age.

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
In terms of "Holy Grail", that seems to indicate difficult to find rather than just something that is difficult to afford. Mine WAS the numbered Goldeneye promo from Inkworks that announced the name change from Grafitti to Inkworks, but I found one of those a couple weeks ago. Clap

Perhaps the Gold Starbug card and/or the dealer card from Red Dwarf (Futera). Of course, there has been a dealer card listed on "that site" at GBP 500 for over a year... Hmmm... $900+.... seems like I could complete my Alias 1 Master Set for that....(A1 and PW3)

Posts: 420 | Location: Try looking under that pile of cards over there... | Registered: December 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Two more Smile
Xena Topps Season 2 Melinda Clarke auto (that's a fantasy!)
And the Van Helsing Mosterpiece Dracula's Bride gold dress (why oh why is the only card with the brides a UK case incentive?? Mad )

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ferrerstuff
posted Hide Post
My Holy Grail is most definitely either (or both!) of the Carrie Fisher autos from SW: Evolution & SW: Heritage sets. Hopefully the day will come when one of those are in my collection.

Posts: 111 | Location: S.F./Bay Area | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:

Oh no, no, no, no... I have that Jen auto at the top, but it's followed by all her hard to get & expensive costume cards! Drool

I also have on my list all the hard to get & expensive costume cards from Farscape...

And the Angelina PW stitch card from COL and the Catwoman PW1...

...and many more! Frown

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mine are actually promos. I am after the Superman platinum SW1 Walmart (impossible to find) and the DC/Marvel Mirage promo (see occasionally but can't justify $100+).

Jen

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Originally mine was the Gillian Anderson from X-Files 6/7 but £200-£300 was just a tad too much for my liking so it was happily replaced by the G. Anderson from Connections that I pack pulled Smile
And my second Grail Card (which also have) is the Goldeneye Numbererd promo which was found for a good price but took alot of waiting.

The only other cards I desperately would want, unfortunately don't exist yet. So I'll cross my fingers and hope Rittenhouse make us Pierce Brosnan and Famke Janssen Autos for Bond.

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are two cards I'd love to obtain, both are sketches:

1 - Topps hulk sketch (any artist) - I've opened around 20 boxes with no luck.

2 - Pacific Garfield 2004 sketch - Given that there are only 10 and I'm not rich or lucky, I don't think I'll ever get one.

Posts: 94 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
I don't really have a holy grail card I need.But I am on the lookout for Definitive Dawn A7 auto,that and the box-topper T1 will get me a master set.Not high dollar but.... Cool

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Lindegarde:
There are two cards I'd love to obtain, both are sketches:

1 - Topps hulk sketch (any artist) - I've opened around 20 boxes with no luck.

2 - Pacific Garfield 2004 sketch - Given that there are only 10 and I'm not rich or lucky, I don't think I'll ever get one.

There were 2 that just ended on ebay on the 12th, one Czop and the other Don Perlin. The Perlin didn't sell. Eek

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post