Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Grail Card(s)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I think my current holy grail would be either one of the Chris Pratt autographs from Upper Deck's Guardians of the Galaxy set, or one of the full bleed Daniel Craig Bond autographs -- they are both hovering around the $300 range (the most recent Craig auto at least, you can tack another couple hundred on there for those first two that came out), which is a bit too much for me. The most I have ever paid for an autograph is probably $100, every thing I have worth more than that was pack pulled.

However, if there is ever a Victoria Justice autograph card, I will move heaven and earth to get my hands on that and these two will be forgotten Razz

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
I think my current holy grail would be either one of the Chris Pratt autographs from Upper Deck's Guardians of the Galaxy set, or one of the full bleed Daniel Craig Bond autographs -- they are both hovering around the $300 range (the most recent Craig auto at least, you can tack another couple hundred on there for those first two that came out), which is a bit too much for me. The most I have ever paid for an autograph is probably $100, every thing I have worth more than that was pack pulled.

For the longest time $100 on a single autograph card was my limit. It wasn't that I didn't want the higher cards and it wasn't even that I didn't have money sometimes, it was just that over $100 for a single card crossed some line in my mind. It was fine if it was for a group of multiple cards, that apparently I can live with. Wink

So I few years back I had to up the ante to $200 because a bunch of autographs that I liked were in the $129 to $169 range and I gave in to inflation. Big Grin

Now that is it, $200 a card tops and no more for nobody. Maybe if some fantastic half price sale came my way, but that's probably not going to happen. I don't know about the lines that other card collectors draw, but most of my Holy Grails will go to others and I'm OK with it. Smile

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
If I'd have limited my top autograph card price to $100, or even $200, I'd have a LOT more money right now. But all I have are these silly pieces of cardboard instead! However, I am NOT complaining!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
I think my current holy grail would be either one of the Chris Pratt autographs from Upper Deck's Guardians of the Galaxy set, or one of the full bleed Daniel Craig Bond autographs -- they are both hovering around the $300 range (the most recent Craig auto at least, you can tack another couple hundred on there for those first two that came out), which is a bit too much for me.

hmmm.... I haven't seen a Chris Pratt auto go for that much in US dollars. I picked one up at the end of January for $185US which I was really happy with.

It's the first card I have ever bought that anyone I know that isn't into cards got excited about seeing, can you guess who that might be?

My Mum, she thinks it's the best card I've got. Big Grin

I really wish he could have signed for Parks & Rec, I think his character as Andy was so silly and adorable.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
I received one of my holy grail cards today.

Very, very happy to add this to my small but slowly growing James Bond GoldenEye autograph collection.

Great to see you finally got your much coveted Janssen Juelle Lou! Best Bond Girl ever IMO Thumb Up

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Great to see you finally got your much coveted Janssen Juelle Lou! Best Bond Girl ever IMO Thumb Up

Thank you X, I think this card will end up being one of my all time favourite cards.

I have wanted one for so long (well as long as I have been collecting, which was the start of 2008) as I love her in GoldenEye.

It's funny, GoldenEye is my favourite James Bond movie, but my favourite characters are the bad guys Xenia and Trevelyan.
So to have this card is fantastic as it really is one of my all time Holy Grail cards for me Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
If I'd have limited my top autograph card price to $100, or even $200, I'd have a LOT more money right now. But all I have are these silly pieces of cardboard instead! However, I am NOT complaining!

I agree... I feel the same way... Ha Ha

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Just got this card in, a Darth Vader autograph card has always been a 'Grail' for me but have never been able to settle on an official card, particularly as most are sticker autos. These Masterwork autos have a nice premium look and feel and I'm glad to have a card of probably my favourite fictional character of all time since childhood.

Whilst the second card is not really a grail, I have always enjoyed Julian Glover's small part in Empire and I like that the pic on this one has him in his AT-AT outfit. Even though I already have his Bond full-bleed, glad to have him again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: X,

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I like!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I found some more grails yesterday. If I keep this up I'll have to remortgage my house:

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I found some more grails yesterday. If I keep this up I'll have to remortgage my house

Very, very nice cards CardAddict, congrats!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Cool cards cardaddict. It's nice to see Gellar seems to have signed all her cards in full. Yours is my favourite version of the two cards she signed.

Is Oona Chaplin a great character in GOT? That card seems to sell for big money but her Bond card for comparative peanuts.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I asked my dealer to bring me the hardest to get GOT Season 3 card, and this is what I ended up with. Since I've only watched Season 1 (I know, I'm way behind. I'm just now watching FRINGE), I have no idea what her character is. I will find out one day.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Is Oona Chaplin a great character in GOT? That card seems to sell for big money but her Bond card for comparative peanuts.

She played Talisa Stark on GOT for 11 episodes. She was the wife to Rob Stark, who was up to that point one of the more important good guys. Naturally since this is the GOT that doesn't mean much and both Starks, plus his mother, got butchered in the shocking Red Wedding episode of season 3.

Her autograph is higher here because she was a first time signer for the series and her character was memorable, whereas her Bond role was very minor.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by X:

She played Talisa Stark on GOT for 11 episodes. She was the wife to Rob Stark, who was up to that point one of the more important good guys. Naturally since this is the GOT that doesn't mean much and both Starks, plus his mother, got butchered in the shocking Red Wedding episode of season 3.

Her autograph is higher here because she was a first time signer for the series and her character was memorable, whereas her Bond role was very minor.

Well that all makes sense, I just asked because a dealer was drying to convince me that her being the granddaughter of Charlie Chaplin was some sort of big deal, and a great reason as to why her cards should cost more. I wasn't convinced. Also, despite her bit part in Quantum of Solace, her cards went for strong money in Bond Archives 2014, but I think that must have been a hangover from the GOT card hype as her Bond prices tapered off pretty quickly. I really need to get round to watching GOT one of these days.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's also one of four extremely limited autos in the season three set and it's the only season she is in so you won't see any in future seasons.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
It's also one of four extremely limited autos in the season three set and it's the only season she is in so you won't see any in future seasons.

True of the show, but knowing RA, they might get her to sign again.
Look at Sean Bean, dead at the end of season 1 yet we are now getting another autograph from him. So, you never know.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
As it happens the ad posted on RA's website already includes Oona Chaplin as a signer in the upcoming Season 4 release, so she is signing again, probably in the other card format.

That is why I don't care about buying autograph cards just because they are artificially short printed in a set. A signer that is extremely limited today might be a common tomorrow.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally got my hands on the 6 case incentive card from Star Gate hero's.......
I got it for a steal too, £150.00 :-)
I now have a master set of that set now

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I'm happy, my big grail cards just arrived this afternoon.

Back in 2008, just after starting in this hobby, I found out about Inkworks' Buffy cards and I've been slowly trying to collect all those autos and promos.
Seven years later I still haven't finished, but to have the Sarah Michelle Gellar autograph feels like the icing on my almost finished cake Smile Clap