Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Grail Card(s)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere on the forum that Charisma signed approximately 20 with her full name. While I do not have her full sig auto card, I do have something signed personally by Charisma to me with her full autograph Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ra$
posted Hide Post
I really like this charisma Full signautre i used to have one few years back but i sold mine and from that day i told my self why the hell i sold it as since then i cant find one Frown

I made a BIG mistake of selling it

Posts: 97 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Funny you should all bring up the Charisma autograph card because that is probably the one card I would keep if I got rid of all else. Not because it is one of the most expensive cards I own, but because I consider it the first celebrity non-sport autograph I ever bought.

I was doing sportscards and the only non-sport autographs I had were from comic related products. So the guy at this small hobby store I went to busted a few packs and pulled the Charisma. He sold all sportscards and wasn't into the show at all. He asked me if I wanted it. Now I knew Buffy, but was clueless as to the value of the cards, having never looked for them.

Well he said how about $25 and I said that I didn't like it because she didn't sign her last name and I prefer a full signature. We settled on $20 because I didn't really want it.

That's a true story and I laugh ever time I think how stupid I was and how bad I'd feel now if I had walked away. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Funny you should all bring up the Charisma autograph card because that is probably the one card I would keep if I got rid of all else. Not because it is one of the most expensive cards I own, but because I consider it the first celebrity non-sport autograph I ever bought.

I was doing sportscards and the only non-sport autographs I had were from comic related products. So the guy at this small hobby store I went to busted a few packs and pulled the Charisma. He sold all sportscards and wasn't into the show at all. He asked me if I wanted it. Now I knew Buffy, but was clueless as to the value of the cards, having never looked for them.

Well he said how about $25 and I said that I didn't like it because she didn't sign her last name and I prefer a full signature. We settled on $20 because I didn't really want it.

That's a true story and I laugh ever time I think how stupid I was and how bad I'd feel now if I had walked away. Big Grin

Nice...$20 well spent. I never paid attention to this stuff when the product first came out. I do wonder what it generally sold for in 1999.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Great story- wish I was into Buffy at that time because then I'd probably have gotten her cheaper than I did and also would have had Alyson Hannigan's auto too.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
Nice...$20 well spent. I never paid attention to this stuff when the product first came out. I do wonder what it generally sold for in 1999.

That's a great question and I don't know the answer because I wasn't looking for any Inkworks products either. The other thing to remember about 1998/1999 was that the whole internet explosion had barely begun and ebay was just getting started. It was the beginning of the death of the local weekend card shows that had been everywhere until dealers began to see that they could make more money online.

When I bought that Charisma autograph it was just two people who weren't crazy about the card and it changed hands for what it was worth to us. That would never happen now with google searches, price guides and ebay.

I would be interested in hearing from any Buffy collectors that did pick up the 1st and 2nd season autographs when they were released. How long did it take to get to today's prices for those cards?

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
For me a holy grail card is one that is hard for me to find but often is not that valuable.

A good example is Women of James Bond In Motion base card 57.I bought an archive box off Ebay and everything was in there apart from this one base card.

Two years later and I still can't get it as a single.I lok at every show I go to but nobody stocks singles anymore Frown .Even full base sets are thin on the ground and I don't really want to buy one just for one card anyway.

Hi Triple-Frog

Have not forgotten, my friend is looking through his odd cards and will get back to me later in the week.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a scan of Alias Season 1 PW3 Beaded hated worn by Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow?

Nevermind...found one...last one on eBay sold for $375. Pretty crazy.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I have the full signature Carpenter card, I brought it directly from Inkworks (Cards Direct), I never knew it would be so hard to come by. Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I have the full signature Carpenter card, I brought it directly from Inkworks (Cards Direct), I never knew it would be so hard to come by. Smile

Jealous- but of course I also wasn't into Buffy back in 1998/1999 so that's my own problem..LOL

Val

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thumb Up .

No luck with first friend but another friend says he did several boxes and will check for #57.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
Thumb Up .

No luck with first friend but another friend says he did several boxes and will check for #57.

Thanks for keeping looking Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Thumb Up .

Hi Triple-Frog

No luck, sorry. Tried a few friends who did Bond in motion and no #57.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Thumb Up .

Hi Triple-Frog

No luck, sorry. Tried a few friends who did Bond in motion and no #57.

The search goes on Roll Eyes .Thanks for trying.I may just have to buy a complete base set but I will give it one last go at the spring Memorabilia next month.

posted Hide Post
I have at least a dozen of those #57 cards if you need one. They are just sitting on a shelf. I have tried to throw them all out a few times but couldn't bear to do it even though I need the space. I found 3 just going through one small stack. I only keep 1 set and I think I gave one away and I have over a case of extras. Let me know if you still want one. It is yours for the cost of shipping (not sure how much for overseas) or I will ship you the whole case if you want.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
E-mail sent Smile .

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bacall1:
I have at least a dozen of those #57 cards if you need one. They are just sitting on a shelf. I have tried to throw them all out a few times but couldn't bear to do it even though I need the space. I found 3 just going through one small stack. I only keep 1 set and I think I gave one away and I have over a case of extras. Let me know if you still want one. It is yours for the cost of shipping (not sure how much for overseas) or I will ship you the whole case if you want.

The e-mail I sent bounced back to me Frown .I would like one of the #57 cards and will send you $3 by Paypal to cover postage.E-mail me if this is OK Thumb Up .

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank's once again for helping me complete the set Scott Thumb Up .

posted Hide Post
Glad I could help. Any time I can I will, especially with Bond cards. I have lots of those.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post