Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Grail Card(s)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
AngelChick...

I got that cards as a Christmas present from my wife a couple of years ago. Still one of my faves. I am very happy for you!

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
AngelChick...
I got that cards as a Christmas present from my wife a couple of years ago. Still one of my faves. I am very happy for you!

That's awesome!

Angel Season 2 is one of those "sets I never thought I'd finish" because of that card, but now I only need 3 boxloaders, the caseloader, and the A-9 Julie Benz auto, and I'm finished with it.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
is it meor does darla look like shes had a face lift in that picture lol

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's a wonderful gift to give your wife! I know I'd be thrilled. Luv You

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SciFiMom:
quote:

I think you got that backwards Angelina. Wink

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Received this card this weekend....

...just one more card & 2 variants to finish off my Farscape costume cards... not including one of my Holiest of Holy Grails rewards program Chiana costume card. Roll Eyes

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
my Holiest of Holy Grails rewards program Chiana costume card. Roll Eyes

You and me both. Roll Eyes

Well done on getting that nice CC10 though. Thumb Up

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Collectress:
You and me both. Roll Eyes

Well done on getting that nice CC10 though. Thumb Up

Thanks! Wave

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:

I think you got that backwards Angelina. Wink
Yes, I did. I read "for" instead of "from", so I'm a dork! Roll Eyes

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post

Oooohhhh, aaaahhhhh....that's a frelling awesome card! Drool

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, I did. I read "for" instead of "from", so I'm a dork! Roll Eyes

No, not a dork, but let's give credit to Tim for choosing such an awesome lady to be his wife! Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
I think the year before that I got the Evil Trio auto card from her... and I regularly get a case of NS cards from her for Birthday, Christmas, or just because I bug her about it until she caves Smile She is a very special lady, because I am a regular pain in the keister.

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
The more i think about it, my holy grail card would have to be any of the Pinnacle Hockey Keith primeau Front Printing plate cards from 1997. They were the first true 1/1's in hockey, and they were so impossible to pull. i know its not NON sport, but my number one collection in cards is keith primeau cards , NHL and minor league. Its a goofy thing, but that would be it for sure.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
After some thought I think my holy grail card would be the CC1 from the Bond 40th Anniversary set. It isn't the rarest card in the world, but cards from the 40th set are getting harder to come by, and I can never find this card on Ebay. I have all of the other costume cards from the Bond sets, but I would really like to have a complete set!

After a couple of months combing the web, I saw one of these cards pop up on Ebay this morning! It was probably the quickest "Buy It Now" I have ever done! Now I have to figure out what my new "grail card" is...

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just won one of my Holy Grail cards Dr Who: Battles in Time regional set Regeneration 81/85 for £14.50

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
congrates

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Way to go Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great thread Smile And congrats to those that managed to get their Grails.

My top Grails at the moment would have to be:

1) Uma Thurman auto from Batman and Robin. Not a great fan of the card, but Uma was in Pulp Fiction, so...

2) Robert Downey Jr auto from Iron Man. Should have jumped on one when I had the chance last year...

3) Sheryl Lee auto from Twin Peaks, and

4) Sherilyn Fenn from Twin Peaks, and

5) Kyle whatshisname (Smile) from Twin Peaks. Yep, I like Twin Peaks!

Those will do for now, but there are others. This card collecting hobby sure adds up!

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
At the moment I can't seem to buy or win a reasonably priced (or what I consider reasonable) Avery Brooks auto from the Quotable DS9 set (sooo close to a master set) or a Jewel Staite auto from Stargate Atlantis 3&4. I'm not having much luck winning sketch cards at the moment either - but I know I'm not chasing too hard.

My time will come - I've learned that you need to be patient in this hobby!

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
My time will come - I've learned that you need to be patient in this hobby!

What's that? And can you get it on ebay? Elephant