Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Grail Card(s)
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
They are very nice looking cards, congrats on getting something you really wanted.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
As it happens the ad posted on RA's website already includes Oona Chaplin as a signer in the upcoming Season 4 release, so she is signing again, probably in the other card format.

That is why I don't care about buying autograph cards just because they are artificially short printed in a set. A signer that is extremely limited today might be a common tomorrow.

Slightly OT, but I agree.

I won two GoT autos recently, Jorah & Podrick Payne, with bids higher than I usually go.

I should have realised the latter is signing for the second time in the upcoming release and maybe held off on my higher bid.

Jorah on the other hand has signed for several GoT sets and his value remains high. So was happy with that one Smile

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorBabe:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
As it happens the ad posted on RA's website already includes Oona Chaplin as a signer in the upcoming Season 4 release, so she is signing again, probably in the other card format.

That is why I don't care about buying autograph cards just because they are artificially short printed in a set. A signer that is extremely limited today might be a common tomorrow.

Slightly OT, but I agree.

I won two GoT autos recently, Jorah & Podrick Payne, with bids higher than I usually go.

I should have realised the latter is signing for the second time in the upcoming release and maybe held off on my higher bid.

Jorah on the other hand has signed for several GoT sets and his value remains high. So was happy with that one Smile

Just out of curiosty, what does OT stand for?

I didn't mean to imply that an EL autograph card is not worth buying or that it would have to go down in value because the autograph came out as a common later on. I am first and foremost autograph collector, so it is the signature that matters to me more than the card. That's why I would rather wait for a more common card that is cheaper, since as long as the signatures are certified, they are all just as good to me.

I didn't buy the Chaplin in the last series, but I might pick her up this year if it is not short printed.

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
OT= off topic.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Thanks, don't know why I didn't get it. Wavey

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Super nice Buffy cards Juelle Lou! I'm hoping to get the bordered auto one of these days (maybe).

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I got the full-bleed Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers autograph card in the mail today and she is gorgeous and definitely in my top 10 favorite autographed cards in my collection. I may chase the bordered one down one of these days but I am happy to have at least one SMG auto in my collection.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
I'm happy, my big grail cards just arrived this afternoon.

Back in 2008, just after starting in this hobby, I found out about Inkworks' Buffy cards and I've been slowly trying to collect all those autos and promos.
Seven years later I still haven't finished, but to have the Sarah Michelle Gellar autograph feels like the icing on my almost finished cake Smile Clap

Congratulations on adding these to your collection Juelle Lou - bet you were thrilled to bits. I like that your full bleed (my favourite of the 2 styles) has a nice centred signature.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
Finally got my hands on the 6 case incentive card from Star Gate hero's.......
I got it for a steal too, £150.00 :-)
I now have a master set of that set now

KADRAN00157

Congrats on the Master Set - can't remember the last time I completed one of those! Big Grin

What is the incentive card?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
To say I was happy to have these in my collection is the understatement of the century. They are definitely my favourite cards I own now Smile
I've never been so anxious to receive cards in the mail, it was ridiculous. I think I checked the tracking for these at least twice a day, which made it feel like they took twice as long to get here. Twak

quote:
Originally posted by X:
Congratulations on adding these to your collection Juelle Lou - bet you were thrilled to bits. I like that your full bleed (my favourite of the 2 styles) has a nice centred signature.

Yes I was quite pleased about the FB being centered, not that I had a choice in the matter, as it was just luck that who I bought them off, chose them for me.

I noticed in alot of the listings, she does that long stroke with the "M" which I think is what makes it more uncentered.
So I'm glad to have one of each "style" so to speak.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
hey moderator Smile - can we please move this to the Greatest Hits forum with the promo holy grail thread?

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Not a card, but I finally got an unopened box of BUFFY SEASON 1, for less than half what it would have cost a few years ago, but still more than I would have paid upon it's initial release. Hindsight, however, is useless as usual. Anyway, I do believe this completes my Buffy set of unopened boxes:

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Amazing that they are still around, well done on getting one.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
I finally have Robert Downey Jr.'s autograph card from the first Iron Man set.

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally got my hands on the roboots the movie retail set (all 4) now it's a master set :-)
Well happy :-) :-) :-)

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Not a card, but I finally got an unopened box of BUFFY SEASON 1, for less than half what it would have cost a few years ago, but still more than I would have paid upon it's initial release. Hindsight, however, is useless as usual. Anyway, I do believe this completes my Buffy set of unopened boxes:

Congrats on finishing that off... Thumb Up

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
Finally got my hands on the roboots the movie retail set (all 4) now it's a master set :-)
Well happy :-) :-) :-)

KADRAN00157

I got one of the 4 in my secret Santa gift this year. I am down to 2 and a few sketches to have a master of Robots Movie myself! Congrats!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Bone. The RDJ Iron Man autos are my Non-Sports Holy Grail..For a set, I would like to get some of the 1940 Superman cards...

Posts: 31 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: September 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:

WOW! Eek Congrats on having a set of UNOPENED Buffy boxes! Clap

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
While I wouldn't exactly call these Holy Grails, I just picked up the three Season 2 incentive autograph cards from Game of Thrones, Weiss, Benioff and writer Martin.

It's not that these were especially hard to find if you wanted them, but prices were too high for what I thought they were worth, so I never figured I would bother with them. Well I waited and I got a good price, so quite happy.

I'm surprised there has not been more posting to this thread lately. I am seeing a lot of good bargains on autograph cards that were in the higher ranges and have dropped off as much as 25 - 30 percent. Maybe it's just what I'm looking at, but some of your holy grails should be getting soft.