Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Grail Card(s)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, that's interesting. Since its not a scratch that goes below the color, I'm wondering if it happened in card production or if the section used may not have had it from film production? You wouldn't be able to prove it either way, but if it existed in the piece before it went on the card, it wasn't damaged as a card, but dented as a suit.

Anyway, if the "flaws" are the first thing you see right in the center as you look at the card, then it is a distraction and a problem. However if you have to hold it up to the light and wiggle it around to see them and then it just bothers you because you know its there, there could be very little deduction taken off.

If it weren't something that I fixated on because it was so very obvious and distracting, I think I would just call the dents part of the section and not let it bother me. There doesn't seem to be anything I can detect in your scan.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If I didn't already have the ones shown above, I'd definitely want them.
Big Grin

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I've got two out of those five and wouldn't mind having the rest!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On the 1999 X-Files San Diego scratch off cards, incredibly, an uncut sheet of 24--all unscratched--sold on ebay on August 5 for $ 109.00

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The X Files scratch off sheet which sold on ebay says it was limited to 100. Amazing ! I never saw that one before

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That should of gone for a lot more
I have it on my watch list and it never came up .Any link to the sale as I can not recall seeing it in the sold listings

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Piko,

I think the reason the seller didn't get more bids is that the auction didn't have the word "promo" in the title though it is in the description. There were 13 bids from only 5 different bidders.

I had never even heard of uncut sheets being available before learning about this a couple of days ago. I get the feeling we could see sets for sale soon. It might be more valuable if left uncut.

Here you go:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39346...rksid=p2047675.l2557

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
That should of gone for a lot more
I have it on my watch list and it never came up .Any link to the sale as I can not recall seeing it in the sold listings

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that link, I looked but couldn't find it.
Someone got a good deal.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jess can you please lift the image of the X Files sheet and post it before ebay takes it down ? Thanks

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Here it is, Jess, hope you don't mind!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't mind at all. You saved me some clicks.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jeez hope it dose not get cut up at that price it will be a flippers dream advertised properly
This goes to show that the incorrect description of your cards will never get you a profit
Anyone know how they were distributed

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David,

You should copy it for your own records.

Also, while I was at the store today, it occurred to me that these sheets might have been some of the prizes you could win if you scratched them. I think most of the prizes were just discounts off club membership.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Jess can you please lift the image of the X Files sheet and post it before ebay takes it down ? Thanks

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I had never heard of or seen this before. A true bargain indeed! It's interesting that the seller is from the UK. might be remnants of the Inkworks/Cards Inc. stock.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have a single of the Mulder card, but I'd never seen the Scully. Well, I'm now pretty sure I know which photo Cat Scaggs based this painted art IDW Limited sketch card on!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I emailed the seller in the UK to ask if she had any more sheets or singles of the cards, but she said no

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone just put an unscratched Skinner on ebay. Wonder if that came from the sheet ?

posted Hide Post
1991 Impel Terminator 2 Carolco Pictures Promo.

The strange thing about this promo card, is that it promotes the theatrical release of the movie & not the actual trading card set. I wonder if this was a common occurrence with Non-Sports promo cards?

I have 4 of them by the way. Classic T2 Logo on the front, with a lot of text on the rear with details of the movies plot etc ...

Posts: 22 | Location: Australia | Registered: March 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Card Talk, Mr. Tonyz.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Tonyz:
1991 Impel Terminator 2 Carolco Pictures Promo.

The strange thing about this promo card, is that it promotes the theatrical release of the movie & not the actual trading card set. I wonder if this was a common occurrence with Non-Sports promo cards?

I have 4 of them by the way. Classic T2 Logo on the front, with a lot of text on the rear with details of the movies plot etc ...