Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Grail Card(s)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Yeah, even if someone on here had those Mirage cards lying around, I doubt anyone would sell them to me for less then a small fortune!

Posts: 10 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: March 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
Finally got my hands on one. Mission complete. I can almost quit now.

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wvfan
posted Hide Post
Congrats

That is a hard one to find. Im trading off my set of FG autos. Just because I know I never get that one.

Congrats

Posts: 130 | Location: petersburg WV | Registered: December 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember those Mirage cards being hard to find back in 1995. Didn't they come 1 per 12 or 1 per 15 boxes ? And that was before ebay, so you had to rely upon card shows, or mail order places, or pulling them from the packs to get them both.

The Mirage promo is worth alot, also, but my local comic store gave me one for free in '95 !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post

These are all important to me for a reason Smile

The Tudors Dress is the most heavily decorated one I have seen, picture isn't great but it has two kinds of beads on top of sequins and embroidery.

I have been after a patterned Charmed Destiny PW8 for ages and paid just $20 (plus it snuck past customs!)

The PO3 card completes my PO3 costume set, I now have them all + variants.

Now the Tudors Five Wounds banner prop is easily the proper grail card, this variation is very scarce and i've been looking for one since the set was released in 2011. I doubted it's existence after a while but NSU member Beamer was able to supply me with a picture of his (he had several people with cases searching and he had difficulty finding it). Then for the first time one on eBay came up for sale and I got it for £16

Clap

This also completes the collection, I now have a card of each of the 5 wounds- heart, left & right feet and now thanks to this beauty both the hands, one with thumb down and one with thumb up.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I want that Charmed Destiny PW8 card! Give it to me!

Seriously, that's a great variant. I have two different ones, but not that one.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you, that Tudors dress one is really nice. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I crossed a small line off my want list today, but it was a big deal to me!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I crossed a small line off my want list today, but it was a big deal to me!

Congrats! For the original Star Trek, there can be nothing better than this.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I agree chesspieceface!

I crossed 4 Holy Grails off of my list today, and also went into bankruptcy (well, not quite):

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
So you decided to grab one Smile congrats on the Alyson Hannigan Clap and I love the John Rhys-Davies auto too!

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
I agree chesspieceface!

I crossed 4 Holy Grails off of my list today, and also went into bankruptcy (well, not quite):

Congrats!

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I still need the Alyson Hannigan card for my own Buffy auto collection, so you bet I am jealous right now Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's some haul, congrats!
What is the white stripe on the Mirage card?

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Camera flash or something. I took ten different pictures trying to get rid of it, but it appeared on every one. It's a ghost in the machine, I think.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, that's good. While 1990's Marvel misprints are pretty collectible, that card, due to its lenticular effect is far more desirable without the stripe, I think, so I'm glad it doesn't have that in reality.

As for the Alyson Hannigan, I've always liked that card. I don't think they could've possibly used a better picture of her. It is lovely, and a nice signature, to boot.

I'm not much of a "Bond" guy (c'mon, one of these villains would've just killed 007 already. "Skyfall" was particularly ridiculous. Silva should've just waited an extra 30 seconds to make sure his henchman came out of the ice and not Bond. It's "Austin Powers" clichéd at this point, and I was shocked that they couldn't think of a better way to end that movie with everything that goes into those.), but John Rhys-Davies is terrific, Indiana Jones, LOTR, Sliders(!), it just goes on and on.

Finally, what can one say about the two name variant on the Morgan Brittany TZ Complete. That'd be my grail from your grails. There can't be too many of those out there. Is the number she signed in that way known?

Anyway, congrats. I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but this one is surely worth more than that in dollars!

posted Hide Post
What was the story behind the Twilight Zone autograph.
Was that her full name or two different names she used for acting ?

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
The one name was the one she was credited with as a child on the Episode of The Twilight Zone and then the name she uses now. She only signed a limited amount with both signatures. Most only have the one. Heck, even the single name version is one of the 16 last Twilight Zone Autos I need from having all 151 TZ autos.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUST:
What was the story behind the Twilight Zone autograph.
Was that her full name or two different names she used for acting ?

Suzanne Cupito is her real name and the one she used as a child actor. When she got older, she took the name Morgan Brittany.

The vast majority of the cards are signed only "Morgan Brittany" with just an exception or two that feature both signatures, a rare example of which cardaddict is now the proud owner of. The regular autograph is already among the most valuable in the Complete Twilight Zone set without the variation, so this dual signature multiplies that value.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
It is indeed a very rare card. The only Twilight Zone autograph card I now need, including variations (to the best of my knowledge anyway), is the A121 Barbara Perry card without the Best Wishes written on it, from The Complete Twilight Zone.

How can you say such dastardly things about James Bond? I loved SKYFALL! I'm not mad, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Sometimes I feel the same way about Bond though. YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE was my favorite Bond movie for a long time, but the older I got, the sillier it seemed. And now, I just like all them, with the exceptions of MOONRAKER, TOMORROW NEVER DIES and QUANTUM OF SOLACE, which I still hope to start liking one of these days!