Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Grail Card(s)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Richard, not only for the cards, but also for the excellent information you bring to this board.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Richard for all the hard work on The Stooges set.

Posts: 31 | Location: Boston Mass | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
This was a star addition to my Xena S2 auto collection (including Hudson Leick and Kevin Smith) a little before Christmas- many thanks to the seller who agreed I could have a little more time to pay, meaning I could bid and as it turned out, win!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I like it! But what exactly is it? A personally signed base card? I'm not sure what you mean by an S2 card.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. S2 is Season 2 of the Topps Xena cards and this is the A5.

This set is pretty famous amongst fans I forget to explain it to those outside of Xena cards lol.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That card is one of the harder ones to find as it was a redemption, one of only two in the set.
I remember pulling it from the only box my local comic shop had in when they were first released and then having an anxious three month wait for Topps to redeem it.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Ok, now I get it! It's been awhile since I pursued any Xena cards, so I pulled out the binder and - sure enough - that's the only Season Two auto I don't have! One of these days...

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i just pulled a pen redemtion from the new dexter set (they only made 7) i am pretty excited!!!

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's probably the one I need too, lol. For anyone who doesn't know, these were all blown out at one point as a dump (they were even being sold in lots of 10 the same on e-bay) and the seller only had 11 of the 12 auto's for sale. As a result, we all need the same one... I picked up a huge lot of Wild Wild West movie auto's in a similar blowout fashion once, and instead of dumping them on the 'bay, just started giving them away. I've still got more than 50 Musetta Vander's left even after all these years... Don't over pay on the Xena's!--Chris

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by collector of things:

I picked up a huge lot of Wild Wild West movie auto's in a similar blowout fashion once, and instead of dumping them on the 'bay, just started giving them away. I've still got more than 50 Musetta Vander's left even after all these years... Don't over pay on the Xena's!--Chris

I think you sent me some of those wild west ones Chris if memory serves.
The only Xena 2 I have is Hudson Leick and I think I got that when they were dumped.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I also got Hudson Leick and Kevin Smith when they were dumped.

Not to make anyone jealous but I paid less than £85 on the Clarke, including fancy tracked shipping. Dance

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I did a bit of research, and now realize just how difficult that Melinda Clarke autograph is to find. Even though both her and Bruce Campbell were redemptions, he's all over the place and she is as scarce as ice water in Hades. Great find!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Thank you, it was indeed Smile Fantastic price. I have only seen maybe 2 others for sale over the years.

Again I say thank you to the seller whom I asked prior to bidding if I could be allowed a few days extra to pay. As their agreement made my winning bid possible and I think this will quite possibly be the jewel in my (extensive) Xena card collection.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Now I am curious. I looked at my want list and I need 15 cards to complete my Xena collection. I did NOT do the Art & Images set though. How many, if any, to finish yours?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I received one of my holy grail cards today.

Very, very happy to add this to my small but slowly growing James Bond GoldenEye autograph collection.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
That's a really nice card, great photo, nice signature.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Wow, I love it! That's a rare one.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Yes, I was extremely happy to finally acquire one of these for my collection.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Congrats, I've been lusting after that Janssen too. Maybe someday. Smile

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I've been lucky and did manage to pull my two most recent holy grail cards from either pack or box purchases. I pulled the Whoopi Goldberg as Guinan Autograph Card by buying a ton of packs from my job of Star Trek: Aliens and I pulled the Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance Autograph Card from a box of Arrow Season 1 Cards purchased by my co-worker for my birthday.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post