Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Grail Card(s)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
How can you say such dastardly things about James Bond? I loved SKYFALL! I'm not mad, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Sometimes I feel the same way about Bond though. YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE was my favorite Bond movie for a long time, but the older I got, the sillier it seemed. And now, I just like all them, with the exceptions of MOONRAKER, TOMORROW NEVER DIES and QUANTUM OF SOLACE, which I still hope to start liking one of these days!

Love Craig as Bond, but next up should be Ewan McGregor as he can bring the Roger Moore feeling back to the character. Ben Whislaw will be a great "Q".

My personal favorite of them all is The Spy Who Loved Me which came out when I was around 8. What a terrific adventure that was. I'm probably more fond of "Moonraker" than most, too, but hey, I was around 11 for that one!

But Connery, Brosnan, even Dalton, I liked all of those portrayals, even though poor Dalton got a pair of very heavy handed scripts, a product of the absolutely humorless times those movies were made.

So anyway, I'm not disparaging the Bond franchise so much, just the endings that just go beyond any boundaries of believability like most of the rest of the movies are able to maintain.

"Skyfall" in particular had great energy and was fun to watch, which is why I was all the more crestfallen by the stunningly underwritten demise of the excellent villain Silva, who frankly, would've killed Bond immediately and definitely wouldn't have walked away from the frozen lake, Dr. Evil style, saying, "Oh, I'm sure this man who has been notoriously impossible to kill was definitely killed this time by falling through some ice. No need to wait an extra 60 seconds to be sure."

I'm still astonished someone, anyone, up the production line didn't call B.S. on that. Even so, it still did very well at the box office, especially internationally, and it got my money (on a DVD rental anyway). And, finally, I, like most, am looking forward to the next installment. I am a fan of the series, so definitely no offense was meant.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
No offense taken, and I definitely agree with your argument about the heroes demises in the majority of movies made. I certainly had that feeling in the latest Batman installment.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
quote:
Originally posted by AUST:
What was the story behind the Twilight Zone autograph.
Was that her full name or two different names she used for acting ?

Suzanne Cupito is her real name and the one she used as a child actor. When she got older, she took the name Morgan Brittany.

The vast majority of the cards are signed only "Morgan Brittany" with just an exception or two that feature both signatures, a rare example of which cardaddict is now the proud owner of. The regular autograph is already among the most valuable in the Complete Twilight Zone set without the variation, so this dual signature multiplies that value.

Thanks for the information everybody !

I have the regular single signed version from The Complete Twilight Zone Set.

I also picked up the Arlene Martel (Arline Sax) Variant for the same collection.

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
It is indeed a very rare card. The only Twilight Zone autograph card I now need, including variations (to the best of my knowledge anyway), is the A121 Barbara Perry card without the Best Wishes written on it, from The Complete Twilight Zone.

I'd love to see your TZ variation collection. Is it posted anywhere?

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Right after the Complete TZ was released I saw on eBay a Susan Harrison autograph where she wrote "Always the Ballerina" before her name. That was the only one I ever saw like that and I wish I bought it (I believe it sold for nearly $100). Several months ago someone (also on eBay) had a Twilight Zone Series 2 William Shatner auto in black ink which was supposedly a Rittenhouse Rewards card. That one I got outbid on. Again, the only time I ever saw one like that. I can't even find any info about it or how many points it took to get it.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I take it back, I don't have all the variations.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
Some great cards in this thread. I would have to say this is my holy grail card

Posts: 77 | Location: Ireland | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Interestingly enough my holy grail card is now Rittenhouse Archives Farscape Through the Wormhole A71. Since I started collecting Farscape I've never seen one listed by itself. I've seen a few listed as part of master sets or autographs sets for Through the Wormhole, but that's it. It's the last regular auto I need to complete my Farscape autos. I do still need all of the Hey auto'd artifex cards, but I consider those separate of the main autograph set. It should even be that expensive because the actress signed for Farscape as another character, and that auto is really common and cheap.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Here is my latest addition:

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
That is awesome.

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Truly a holy grail card. I have been searching for one with no luck. Great addition to you collection.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One of those Warren POTA autos sold the other day for $ 1,347 ! I take it that they are very hard to find ?

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wvfan
posted Hide Post
Very Nice

Posts: 130 | Location: petersburg WV | Registered: December 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can add the Fringe Season 3/4 Leonard Nimoy to my Holy Grail collection. Pulled it from a box. Never thought I would get one. Metal

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I recently went through a 10 for a buck box at a local card show, and after talking the dealer down to 10 for fifty cents, I picked up a few cards. Here's the first of them, not a 'true' Holy Grail, but one I've been after for a while:

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think you over-paid. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
You know wolfie, I think you're right! At least he threw this one in with it:

I took twenty pictures of this card and they ALL came out blurry! Grrrrrrr...

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
First, I haven't seen a local card show in years.

Second, what kind of dealer puts autograph cards and unsigned, unreleased cards in a $1 box?

Third, what kind of dealer sells autograph cards and unsigned, unreleased cards for 50 cents?

I really wish I lived in a place like this. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Ooh a Halle card, now you are talking. Smile

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Ha ha, yuck yuck, of course I'm joking! They were actually a tiny amount more expensive than I let on. Here's a couple more, although I already had the Garner blank card and now am stuck with two of them. The shadows are caused by venetian blinds: