Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Grail Card(s)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
mine would be harrison ford/mark hamill star wars galactic files auto

Posts: 91 | Location: yucca valley,ca 92284 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Mine would be the 4 wand incentives from Harry Potter GOF. The seller on feebay is just not reasonable. Had listed for $3500 each then took off and now relisted for $1500 + each.

Last time I offered $5K for the set of 4 and they turned it down ???

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I picked up another holy grail card, but I had to buy an archive box to get it. I've never seen it by itself, and I've only seen it twice listed this past year and both times were in autograph master sets for the series (I think one was a full master set of all cards from the series). It's Farscape: Through the Wormhole A38 - Claudia Black as Aeryn Sun.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
At this point it would be any of the 35 Twilight Zone autos to finish my set of 150 autos up. 115/150 is a lot of autos for one series and I am working my way there. Maybe 2016 or 2017 I will be done.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
I haven´t found my holy grail card yet, maybe its coming soon Wink

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is not as rare as yours.
Spider-Man VS Venom hologram blue tint.
I just got one on ebay. Its pic was posted as green tint, the owner did not use actual photo.
I bid on it thinking it was the the ordinary green tint and I won it at just $25. But when it arrived, I was surprised to see that I received the blue I've always wanted but not willing to pay for the high price.

I now possess all different tints of this card.

Posts: 69 | Location: Earth | Registered: November 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
(ignore the dusty scanner)

Cost me around £37 with customs fees Big Grin

Now just need the black variant and my PO3 set is complete!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for some of the promos on the 1991 Nightmare on Elm Street set by Impel. Very hard to find ! They say SAMPLE on the backs in the corner, and there's one for each of the 6 movies.

Back in the late 1990s, I bought the one for the second movie. Never saw any of the others available, until this past fall when a dealer posted 3 others on ebay for $ 35 each. Turns out that he has multiples of those three promos (where he found them, I have no idea) but not the others. So I am still missing 2 of the 6.

There are pictures of all of these below in the General Promo section. About 2 years ago, a Card Talker found the complete set of all 6 promos on ebay and won them for a mere $ 3 ! The auction didn't say they were promos, but it turned out that they were. Lucky guy !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I'm looking for some of the promos on the 1991 Nightmare on Elm Street set by Impel. Very hard to find ! They say SAMPLE on the backs in the corner, and there's one for each of the 6 movies.

Back in the late 1990s, I bought the one for the second movie. Never saw any of the others available, until this past fall when a dealer posted 3 others on ebay for $ 35 each. Turns out that he has multiples of those three promos (where he found them, I have no idea) but not the others. So I am still missing 2 of the 6.

What two are you missing?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've had the one for the 2nd film for years.

The three that showed up on ebay are the ones for the first film, the fourth, and the sixth. They depict Heather Lagencamp, the dead guy on the ground, and Freddy grabbing the girl

So based upon what was posted in the General Promo section, I'm missing the ones for the third and fifth films

Know where I can find them ???

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've never seen this card listed by itself since I started collecting Farscape. Took me buying an archive box for it.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
No, but I'll keep an eye out at the UK shows.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Just a coincidence I bought one of these cards to complete my set last week, so I thought I'd post a picture:

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A few more promos that are my Holy Grails:

1) Planet of the Apes Ursus promo by Studio Hades, came out in 2011 or early 2012; only 100 made; I never knew about this one until recently

2) Blue Angels (Sterling, 1991) promo #17; I have 1-16, 18-20; saw one on ebay a few years ago, but missed it

3) Earth Tribe; 5 card promo set from 2000 San Diego Comic Con; I know of a few people who have it, but no one willing to sell

4) Gertie the Dinosaur promo set from 2000 San Diego Comic Con; consists of 7 or 8 cards, I think; I've seen some on ebay

5) Mickey Mouse & Friends Fun Cards (SkyBox, 1996) promo set of 3; never seen these, except for a picture in PCE

6) BSI Comics card, early 1990s card depicts the Silver Surfer; given away by a comic book store in Georgia, I believe; there's a picture of it in PCE

Can anyone help me with any of these ???

posted Hide Post
Holy Grail , Ummmmm where do I start Drool

Posts: 49 | Location: Sav GA ( Brisbane Australia) | Registered: September 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Stan Lee auto from Marvel Silver Age, and a color (or even B&W) Spidey sketch from FUSM97 are my current grails

Posts: 88 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I continue to search Ebay daily for the dual Dana Wynter/Kevin McCarthy auto from Breygent's Sci-Fi & Horror Series 1 set. Hopefully, someone will break up their set this year and sell it as a single. Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wvfan
posted Hide Post
Mine are

David Tennant Potter GOF autograph. Everytime it up for bid on Ebay. Im broke and the buy it nows get a little pricey around $200. When most acution end around $75.

Dr Who Def series autos of these
Tom Baker
Peter Davison

And the realy rare autograph. I think by cornerstone John Pertwee auto

Posts: 130 | Location: petersburg WV | Registered: December 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
I've never seen this card listed by itself since I started collecting Farscape. Took me buying an archive box for it.

THAT is definitely one of my Holy Grail cards too, along with the dual Browder/Black auto.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wvfan:
Mine are

David Tennant Potter GOF autograph. Everytime it up for bid on Ebay. Im broke and the buy it nows get a little pricey around $200. When most acution end around $75.

Dr Who Def series autos of these

Tom Baker
Peter Davison

And the realy rare autograph. I think by cornerstone John Pertwee auto

The Doctor Who fan in me feels your pain. Should you ever acquire said gems please feel free to share I would love to see them.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post