Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Grail Card(s)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
I would like to assemble a set of one of each autograph from the BIG 7 original Star Trek cast members from the Skybox TOS season sets. So far I have 2 of the 7 and still need:

Shatner
Kelley
Doohan
Takei
Koenig

Where they signed for more than one series, one from any series will do.

I'll keep dreaming. :-)

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:
Originally posted by Kimberley M:
And the Van Helsing Mosterpiece Dracula's Bride gold dress (why oh why is the only card with the brides a UK case incentive?? Mad )

Yep! Mad

I would have preferred if it had been a triple costume card. Drool

How many of those were made do you have any idea?

I have no idea! I know it was a limited release anyway, so i guess however many UK cases there were- that's how many.
I've seen two on eBay, and they have been taken off my watchlist when they reached £30.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I've seen three and all by the same Uk seller. I wonder if they were the only case buyer! Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
My Holy Grail Card would be a Charisma Carpenter full-signature card from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 2. I don't own one but hope to save enough money and get lucky to find one someday.

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
it was happily replaced by the G. Anderson from Connections that I pack pulled Smile

Me too Big Grin

I finally own a Gillian Anderson autograph... now I have to decide whether to bother with any of the others...

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xSaBx:
quote:
Originally posted by X:
it was happily replaced by the G. Anderson from Connections that I pack pulled Smile

Me too Big Grin

I finally own a Gillian Anderson autograph... now I have to decide whether to bother with any of the others...

Me too!
However I decided to leave my completest tendancies behind and not bother. If I could oneday get 1 auto of every character that signed across all X-Files sets I would call that complete.
As for multiples signers, they can be very annoying especially when they're relatively common. However, G. Anderson cards are a diffenent story altogether; very rare, very pricy!
So if you would care for my advice xSaBx, be happy with the one you were lucky enough to pull, besides I (personally) think its the better lloking of the 3.

Maybe I'm biased but who cares! Wink

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of darbow
posted Hide Post
For all you who have Data's first contact auto on your want list, Eek bad luck

And for all you who have it Elephant well done

Data

Posts: 457 | Location: Bristol, U.K | Registered: August 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Ah, more proof my auctionne needs to die Wink He listed it with me twice and no takers at $850 Smile
Cute and cuddly only goes so far Wink

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Sdaly I do not have that card and, at that price, never will.

Did all the First Contact Data cards come in that cool case? I had not seen that before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:
Sdaly I do not have that card and, at that price, never will.

Did all the First Contact Data cards come in that cool case? I had not seen that before.

I should imagine the seller made it themselves

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pumpkindiver
posted Hide Post
one of my holy grail cards would definately have to be the JAG promo from rittenhouse JFF1 Has anyone even seen a picture of this card?

Posts: 154 | Location: Australia | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
my grail card would be a Gimli autograph card from Fotr

Posts: 153 | Location: Washington | Registered: September 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
[img=http://img311.imageshack.us/img311/1664/grailcards4yt.th.jpg]

My Grailcards are the DA1 Ben Browder / Claudia Black autograph from Farscape through the Wormhole (I got it for less than half the price listed in NSU), the Admiral Ackbar 3D card DIII/0 from RotJ Widevision (I spent years tracking that one down, nobody had it at that time, and after I finally got it the price hit rock bottom and I could get it everywhere... quite frustrating), the Andreas Katsulas / G'Kar Autograph A5 from B5 season 4 and Katee Sackhoff / Starbuck from Premiere BSG.
The latter two I got in my own boxes, which makes me love them even more...

Now, I wish I could find a Jolene Blalock / T'Pol autograph for a reasonable price, and I would love to complete my Premiere BSG auto-set someday (only 11 more to go – no dual autograph for me this time...

Hopefully the mysterious JAG-set will feature autos from David James Elliott and Catherine Bell and I hope for a Josh Holloway, Matthew Fox or Evangeline Lilly auto in the upcoming Lost box.

And I can dream about the Carrie Fisher or Mark Hamill autographs from SW Evolution or Heritage... sigh...

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I got one of my HG cards today - whilst in Southend with CSI Dave and xSaBx (the former was looking for the latest NSU) I got the issue of Wizard with the LOTR: TTT P3 promo!
Now all I need is the LOTR: ROTR P2...
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAT
posted Hide Post
Mine would be the Blue Auto Redemption from Star Wars Galaxy series 1. It is the last card I need for the complete Galaxy master set including all promo cards and bend ems.

If anyone has one they want to trade drop me a line pretty please with sugar on it. Clap

Posts: 192 | Location: ENGLAND | Registered: February 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
I also really want the Jolene Blalock Stargate auto card.

Hey, I'm quoting myself! I picked one of these up pretty cheap after cashing in a jug of change at the bank, so my newest Holy Grail is the Star Trek Nemesis Bryan Singer autograph. The cheapest I've seen it is $150, so I've got some saving to do.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Jason00,
Apologies if you've been asked this before, but are you the only card collector in the village? Big Grin
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
Jason00,
Apologies if you've been asked this before, but are you the only card collector in the village? Big Grin
Au Res.,
Paul

They will be loads of em Smile

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jason00,
Au Res.,
Paul

Yes, I just sit here with a Bacardi and Coke and my stack of cards... Big Grin

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jason00,
Au Res.,
Paul

Better question is did that trip to the bank involve a mask, a gun and a get away car Big Grin or was that jug reeeeeally big...

Congrats Jason! Big Grin Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post