Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Grail Card(s)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
At this point it would be any of the 35 Twilight Zone autos to finish my set of 150 autos up. 115/150 is a lot of autos for one series and I am working my way there. Maybe 2016 or 2017 I will be done.

Seeing this post, I became curious and counted up my own Twilight Zone autograph collection, and I also have exactly 115 of them, kind of a coincidence.
Most of the ones I'm missing are from series 3, so with the more common ones of those, I could get up to around 130, but those last 20 or so will be tough. I imagine some of those might be on your list, too.

Do you count the Steve Charendoff autograph card as part of the 150? I think it was a series II case topper.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Current grails: Looking for auto's (cuts I guess...) of Mandy Moore and Keri Russell.

Have we ever tried a seperate thread for the unloved cards in our piles that are worth special mention but currently are in the equivilant of the dog pound? "Agrailable" cards in my pound include one of a kind printing plates (don't collect them), a stack of /20 Pop Century wardrobe cards that I gave up on (including Britney Spears, might also still have /5's of some cards), a R. Owens sketch /10 (don't usually collect sketches), 258 West slightly smudged auto's from Vampire Diaries actors (Nina D. and Ian S.) etc. They aren't really worth selling, but are a pain to try and trade if you don't know what you want or have a small want list. Sometimes it just sucks to think that the rare cards you want are just sitting in a box somewhere waiting for a loving home. Maybe if we listed our "agrailables" some of these things would catch the eye of someone else who would list thiers. Three way trades aren't impossible...

Just thinking there must be a way to get a single available rare card list started for the things that don't usually appear on the 'bay.

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know of any posting about "agrailables". I think it should be in another section where we post trades.

Anyway, I would be interested in following that particular thread to see if anything I am looking for are just in another's "box" and getting not even a peek and not showing up on ebay, but at least they are around somewhere!

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by collector of things:
Current grails: Looking for auto's (cuts I guess...) of Mandy Moore and Keri Russell.

Have we ever tried a seperate thread for the unloved cards in our piles that are worth special mention but currently are in the equivilant of the dog pound? "Agrailable" cards in my pound include one of a kind printing plates (don't collect them), a stack of /20 Pop Century wardrobe cards that I gave up on (including Britney Spears, might also still have /5's of some cards), a R. Owens sketch /10 (don't usually collect sketches), 258 West slightly smudged auto's from Vampire Diaries actors (Nina D. and Ian S.) etc. They aren't really worth selling, but are a pain to try and trade if you don't know what you want or have a small want list. Sometimes it just sucks to think that the rare cards you want are just sitting in a box somewhere waiting for a loving home. Maybe if we listed our "agrailables" some of these things would catch the eye of someone else who would list thiers. Three way trades aren't impossible...

Just thinking there must be a way to get a single available rare card list started for the things that don't usually appear on the 'bay.

See, I love Printing plates. I think they are cool. I throw everything onto my trade list that is auto/costume/sketch. If I had a plate to trade I would put it on my trade list. There is a collector for everything!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is another card that is very hard to find. Her other single auto from season 10 shows up quite often as compared to this one. Happy to finally own it

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of estephano
posted Hide Post
One of my holy grails is the Quentin Tarantino ALIAS Season 4 auto card WITH the signature of Mr. Tarantino. I could still kick myself over and over for not having ask him to sign the card when I met him earlier this year! Shake Head Twak

Posts: 101 | Location: Stuttgart (Germany) | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine would be the two Mirage cards from the 1995 Marvel Masterpieces. Those are all I need to finish that set!

Posts: 10 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: March 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I'm happy to say I've got my 'Holy Grail' card. Nothing can top this for me. Still so impressed Rittenhouse managed to get him at all - never thought it would happen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: X,

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I can not see the image.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pierce Brosnan? That is a nice autograph!

I guess I can mention one of my holy grails that I am looking for. The last card for my Speed Racer master set, been looking for it since the set came out. I guess you can guess which one it is?Wink

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of estephano
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpolis:
Pierce Brosnan? That is a nice autograph!

I guess I can mention one of my holy grails that I am looking for. The last card for my Speed Racer master set, been looking for it since the set came out. I guess you can guess which one it is?Wink

David

Hi David,

was there a set for the 2008 flop movie "Speed Racer" starring Susan Sarandon, Christina Ricci and John Goodman or do you mean the original comic?

Posts: 101 | Location: Stuttgart (Germany) | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Aside from oddball cards, foreign sets or game cards for the Speed Racer movie, I am not aware of any regular USA trading cards.

I was referring to the set based on the cartoon/comics. The P3 promo is the holy grail for most people who collect this set.

Still looking for that one card.

David

Picture of wvfan
posted Hide Post
Great Start for this year
I got two of my Holy Grail cards.

My most wanted Star Trek
Deforest Kelley autograph Tos skybox
and

Dr Who 40th anv
Tom Baker auto card

and Im one card away from finishing Star Trek Tos auto main cast set. James Doohan scotty.

Will post link to pics if anyone is interested.

Posts: 130 | Location: petersburg WV | Registered: December 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarvelX:
Mine would be the two Mirage cards from the 1995 Marvel Masterpieces. Those are all I need to finish that set!

I think I have one of those. I will have to look.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Is that the Kelly from the third season? If so, a great find!

I picked these up today. Not quite Holy Grails, but I've been searching for two of them for a long time. The third one I never knew existed until today:

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wvfan
posted Hide Post
The Kelley is from the second season. I actually perfer the look of that one better though. It is a screen shot from shore leave. That was one of my favotite epsoides.

Nice pickup on the Trek Bridge bonus card. I also havent seen that on before.

Posts: 130 | Location: petersburg WV | Registered: December 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I think I have one of the 1995 Mirage cards on hold, but it ain't cheap!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Again, only semi holy grails, but I don't know where else to post them:
PW-4 thick redemption card from Buffy 10th Anniversary
Cowboy shirt redemption from Alias Season 2

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I think I have one of the 1995 Mirage cards on hold, but it ain't cheap!

My mirage cards cost £25 each when the set came out. It skinted me for a week!

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Interestingly, one of those Mirage cards from 1995 Marvel Masterpieces can still be had for 25 pounds....

...of American pennies, which happens to be about $387 US dollars, pretty close to what the Mirage cards have been selling for recently.

Can you imagine if the 1996 Marvel Masterpieces had a pair of Mirage cards at the same long odds? Those would possibly be $1,000 non sports chase card singles (in a set only 17 years old!).

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post