Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hobbit Trading Cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simpsonscardman:
These movies are gonna be huge.it may take the 1st one to come out but im 100% sure some company will pick this up and release auto and costumes etc!

I really hope so too, I can't see these movies being any less popular the the LoTRs trilogy.
Is there a reason why companies aren't really doing sets for movies any more? apart from the Marvel movies that is.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:
These movies are gonna be huge.it may take the 1st one to come out but im 100% sure some company will pick this up and release auto and costumes etc!

I really hope so too, I can't see these movies being any less popular the the LoTRs trilogy.
Is there a reason why companies aren't really doing sets for movies any more? apart from the Marvel movies that is.

Inkworks gambled and lost on some bonkers movies they made cards of.robots,shrek, scoopy doo,the Spirit.too name but a few!!maybe its that??

Dont forget topps dropped Avatar and i thought that was a winner??how can the highest grossing movie of all time fail with trading cards???

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dont forget topps dropped Avatar and i thought that was a winner??how can the highest grossing movie of all time fail with trading cards???
Easy, the Film Company probably wanted so much for the license that it would be hard for the card company to make money on the deal.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understood Topps dropped Avatar due to poor pre-sales? That should have beed a great set!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
I understood Topps dropped Avatar due to poor pre-sales? That should have beed a
great set!

No doubt!if i remember Topps was late getting this out.i think the dvd was out when it was announced?cards should be released a month or so before a movie is out?with all the hype.the cards will sell better??thats the idea anyway?
Therés alot of movies that have been released that would of made great cards?tv shows same to be the future of the hobby?
Twak

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

I understood Topps dropped Avatar due to poor pre-sales?

!

That is correct. Why there were poor pre-sales is another story.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robwaddle
posted Hide Post
LOTR cards were announced months before release. I realise the economic climate is a lot worse, but I still can't believe nobody from the big league is gonna do The Hobbit

Posts: 372 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
I understood Topps dropped Avatar due to poor pre-sales? That should have beed a great set!

Actually, I heard the studio said NO to sketch cards for the set. Hard to put that 1 hit per box if you don't have a cheap hit.

I don't think they had much cooperation from the actors either.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
Yes - there will be cards for the Hobbit.

However, they're going to be a premium at Denny's restaurants. 12 cards in the set. I haven't seen any other details.

http://www.theonering.net/torw...middle-earths-diner/

Here is the latest, beginning November 6th:

Earlier today, Denny's announced its partnership with Warner Bros. Pictures to bring to the national diner menu items and one-of-a-kind memorabilia inspired by Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Middle-earth fans can expect their first taste of Hobbit-themed fare starting November 6.

Additionally, Denny's guests will have access to 12 collectible trading cards designed around the film. With the purchase of select Hobbit-inspired entrees, customers will receive a trading card pack, including collectible cards and Denny's coupons.

http://www.ign.com/articles/20...eb89f6090bd57d000031

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I reckon once the first movie comes out and destroys the box office a card set will happen. Companies are understandably cautious at the moment, nothing can be taken for granted in business. As there's now gonna be 3 movies, I predict the first set of Hobbit cards will hit shortly before the 2nd film's release. You heard it here first! Smile

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robwaddle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris Gibson:
I reckon once the first movie comes out and destroys the box office a card set will happen. Companies are understandably cautious at the moment, nothing can be taken for granted in business. As there's now gonna be 3 movies, I predict the first set of Hobbit cards will hit shortly before the 2nd film's release. You heard it here first! Smile

That's a possibility! Have a look @ December Empire magazine, the movies are gonna be amazing!!

Posts: 372 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Lets beat them all to it and buy the license now. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
In case it hasn't been mentioned, Cartamundi has released a lenticular playing card deck. I have their Star Wars sets and they're pretty nice plastic cards.

http://www.cartamundiusa.com/c...ucts/licensed/hobbit

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any updates on the Denny's set? Haven't seen anything advertised around here yet.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robwaddle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dstrohmeng:
In case it hasn't been mentioned, Cartamundi has released a lenticular playing card deck. I have their Star Wars sets and they're pretty nice plastic cards.

http://www.cartamundiusa.com/c...ucts/licensed/hobbit

Anyone know where I can buy these online?

Picture of robwaddle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any updates on the Denny's set? Haven't seen anything advertised around here yet.

Found 'em

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ravens...f=reg_hu-rd_add_1_dp

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robwaddle:
quote:

Found 'em

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ravens...f=reg_hu-rd_add_1_dp

You know these are not the same cards. The others are regular playing cards, the ones you posted a link to is some kind of role playing cards.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robwaddle:
Anyone know where I can buy these online?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Hobb...hobbit+playing+cards

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Speaking of "The Hobbit". Just got this back the other day.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post