Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hobbit Trading Cards
 Login/Join

Picture of robwaddle
posted
Any solid news on this? I can't believe there won't be a set!!

Posts: 372 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic is doing a card game. But I would assume the license for trading cards wasn't included in that package.

I'm awfully surprised this isn't an automatic Topps set. I guess we won't know until nobody announces anything before it's too late for cards.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would put together a set of Hobbit cards, if they became available. Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I've allready got a box set of Hobbit cards. Thumb Up

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I've allready got a box set of Hobbit cards. Thumb Up

From??? Smile Not one of the LOTR sets from Topps, right?

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
No this set was put out by Eclipse in about 1992. It is a boxed set of 36 color artwork cards based on the book. It is really nice and i'm sure you should be able to still buy one somewhere.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Wolfie - I will look around for them. Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Were the cards retail or Hobbit? Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

Good one! Dance

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

And not available to anybody outside the Shire!

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
It would be a shame if this movie comes and goes without any cards.

Check out Card Crazy!

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

No they were cheap. Big Grin Thumb Up

Picture of Gregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow - That's great - it's something I would say much to the disdain of my "normal" friends.

Posts: 89 | Location: Earth - I'm told | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Don't encourage him. Shake Head

Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
They have just announced that they'll split the story into 3 films, not 2 as originally planned.

You would think there was set in there somewhere even if it comes later as a trilogy set.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There is no way The Hobbit is 3 films, the story is just not that long.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have to disagree with you Wolfie. The Hobbit is quite a thin book compared with the massive tomes that make up th eLord of the Rings, but unlike LotR it has little or no padding and lots and lots of storyline :-)

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
They are also stretching the Hobbit to include material from the Appendices from the Lord of the Rings (namely the stuff involving the Wizards Council and their battle with the Necromancer). I trust PJ enough to believe that the films will be of high quality.

As for cards, I'd like to see Topps do sets for the Hobbit since I was happy with the work they did on the LOTR sets.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
I think this was brought up a while back. I emailed Topps and received a standard response: "Please be advised we do not have any plan as of yet to release this product."
Here's hoping they change their minds. Big Grin

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:

They may be three really short films though. Big Grin

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post