Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UK Mail ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Is something wrong with the UK mail ?

Last month I won an ebay auction for 2 cards and they arrived at my home here in the U.S. within 2 days

This month, I've had 3 packages sent to me from separate UK sellers (small items), each one about 2 weeks ago. Nothing has come...

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure because I'm in UK but maybe the bad weather (hurricanes/torrnadoes) in the US has something to do with it?

I had a box sent from California to England and that was delayed a long while because of it.

I know it's going the other way but it's just a thought.

Perhaps check in with the sellers?

Hope your items arrive soon Wave

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've been encountering a lot of delays sending cards to the States from the UK over the past couple of months. The best I've managed is 5 days the worst just over 4 weeks. The delay seems to be once the card/package reaches the States. Some tracked items I sent all took 2 days to reach the inital processing centre in New York then anything from 4 to 10 days to get to their final destinations. The Royal Mail even posted a warning about it on their website. The Royal Mail don't consider international post to be lost unless at least 25 working days have passed since it was sent. All I can suggest here is to give it a bit longer but would agree with contacting the seller(s) to let them know the packages haven't arrived yet. If they were not tracked, then the only way they can know there's a problem is if you get in touch.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The response is that they mailed it 2 weeks ago. They have no further info.

One of the items was only about $4, the others in the $30-40 range

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
It seems that giving an approximate ETA for items going to the US is like picking numbers for the lottery. I've had some items get to the US within 3-4 days and on some rare occaisons they can take 2-3 weeks. It's not as bad as sending packages to Australia, 3 weeks on average from the UK!!

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's not as bad as sending packages to Australia, 3 weeks on average from the UK!!

Thats crazy! I receive cards from Australia in 4-5 days!

Thats quicker than some UK post lol.

Posts: 111 | Location: Hampshire, UK | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
It seems that giving an approximate ETA for items going to the US is like picking numbers for the lottery. I've had some items get to the US within 3-4 days and on some rare occaisons they can take 2-3 weeks. It's not as bad as sending packages to Australia, 3 weeks on average from the UK!!

And in my experience, getting cards from the UK always arrive weeks quicker than mail for the US, with Canada being even worse! Eek

I think the delay seems to be the Australian customs, as things sent out of Australia get to their destination rather quickly but post being imported into Australia takes what feels like forever.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One of my items (2 cards) came the other day. Took 2 1/2 weeks from the UK

Last month, 1 card (ebay auction) arrived in 48 hours from England !

Still waiting for 2 other UK orders...

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the title should be US Mail? Big Grin Some stuff from US gets here in 5 days average is about 10 days

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I've sent cards to the UK and to someone in Europe. They got their cards. I haven't got mine from the trades with the UK. Yet, I must say, one is starting to smell fishy. And I won't hesitate to out the person if the cards don't arrive by sharing the unusual line of correspondence.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I only sent it on the 16th March!

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I sent some cards to USA 19.2.12 and the buyer contacted me today to say they had arrived.The reason it took so long?They had been sent via AUSTRALIA Eek Shake Head .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NEMESISBOY
posted Hide Post
I sent cards to Florida 7 weeks ago. They reached New York and haven't been seen since. The Royal Mail said that their investigation is going to take 90 days.
WHY ????

Posts: 67 | Location: LONDON | Registered: September 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post