Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Disney transportation cards
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney transportation cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted
I just got back from Disney World and spent 10 days searching for these elusive cards. There are 18 in the first series and 25 in the second series. I made alot of connections getting these cards. The first series was issued in 2006 and this newest series was released in late 2010. Both series are difficult to complete, although the first series is easier than the second. The cards are identical on the front, but the backs are numbered to 18 & 25 respectively. I found all but one from the newest release. Card #12, The Grand One, is the private Disney Yacht. That card was pulled prior to release and destroyed because of a typo on the back. Card #25 depicts all 11 existing monorails. This card also has a typo on the back. It says there are 12 monorails. This card was also pulled before release. The pink and purple monorail was retired from service. Here are the 2 checklists:

Series 1
1. The Gillig - Mickey Mouse
2. The Nova - Minnie Mouse
3. The RTS - Pluto
4. Ferryboat - Woody
5. Motor cruiser - Tinker Bell
6. Motor Launch -Chip
7. Mark VI Monorail - Buzz Lightyear
8. Mark VI Monorail - Figment
9. Mark VI Monorail - Jasmine
10. Mark VI Monorail - Jiminy cricket
11. Mark VI Monorail - Sulley
12. Mark VI Monorail - Simba
13. Mark VI Monorail - Donald Duck
14. Mark VI Monorail - Snow White
15. Mark VI Monorail - Mike Wazowski
16. Mark VI Monorail - Cinderella
17. Mark VI Monorail - Daisy Duck
18. Mark VI Monorail - Goofy

Series 2

1) The Gillig-Mickey
2) The Nova-Minnie
3) The RTS-Pluto
4) Ferry Boat-Woody
5) Motor Cruiser-Tinkerbell
6) Motor Launch-Chip
7) Sassagoula River Cruise-Flounder
8) Downtown Disney Water Taxi-Peter Pan
9) Disney Vacation Club Ferry Blue Launch-Stitch
10) Disney Vacation Club Ferry Green Launch-Merryweather
11) Magic Kingdom Boat-Dumbo
12) Grand One Yacht-Little Mermaid
13) Electrical Water Pageant-King Triton
14) Monorail Silver-Buzz Lightyear
15) Monorail Grey-Figment
16) Monorail Teal-Tramp
17) Monorail Blue-Jiminy Cricket
18) Monorail Green-Sulley
19) Monorail Yellow/Orange-Simba
20) Monorail Gold-Goofy
21) Monorail Mauve -Snow White
22) Monorail Lime-Mike Wazowski
23) Monorail Yellow-Cinderella
24) Monorail Red-Daisy Duck
25) Monorail All 11 monorails-Sebastian

The hunt and making connections was the best part. The only problem with these cards is the Cast members keep these in their pockets. Finding them in mint condition is impossible. Almost all cards have tipped corners and some creases. Some have "shelf wear"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: beamer,

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
How do you get these? I also just spent time down there. My family went after pressed pennies, although I really wanted to find some cards.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
To get these cards, you have to ask the cast member that is working on each of the Transportation rides on the checklist. But the catch is that very few carry them. The bus drivers that do have them keep them in their pockets and sit on them. The boat captains that did have them always offered wet cards or cards that were stuck together. And the monorail operators always seemed to have the same 2 or 3 cards. Many don't have them and those that do only give you one. So it took me the whole 10 days asking hundreds of cast members and making connections with supervisors to get a total of about 50 cards. But I had fun doing it.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
I have a complete set of series 1, but didn't know about series 2. This kills me, since I got back from a Disney vacation just a few weeks ago and could have hunted for some of the cards.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I will be bringing the doubles I have to Philly in October along with the Disney hotel arcade cards and the Pumba & Timon safety cards.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll be heading down soon enough, I've got to look for these!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Update! I made a connection with a cast member at Disney World and I got the last card for this set. Card # 25 has pictures of all 11 existing monorails. The Disney character on the front is Sebastian from Little Mermaid. On the back, there is a description but it is wrong. The typo says 12 monorails. There were 12 but 2 of the monorails sustained damage in an accident. Jasmine (pink) & Donald Duck (purple) Disney combined the 2 parts from the reamining monorails and made a teal (tramp) monorail. The card was pulled because of the printing error. Only a few made it into circulation.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: beamer,

posted Hide Post
Thanks for this update, I am heading to Disney World on September 27th for 10 days, I will do my best to aquire these cards. What was your approach on asking for these cards...is it simply asking the question?

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I found that you just have to walk up to the cast member associated with each card and just ask if they have any trading cards. Strike up a conversation, and sometimes you might get more than one card. The cast members still give out the old numbers too. So look as the backs carefully. Let me know when you return. I have doubles for trade if you need help completing your set. I could use a few too.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
I just got back and could only garbner two of the transportaion trading cards (the same one. These are real hard to get and obtaining a complete set seems next to impossible. I gave it up after three days...too much else to do there. However, the card(s) I got was sharp and without dinged corners or creases.

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I have been working on making additional sets. Yes, they are very hard to find. But that's the fun of collecting. The hunt goes on.

posted Hide Post
Well..I leave in the morning...so the hunt is on for me!!

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
Good luck!

Beamer, do you think cast members were more willing to give the cards to kids than to adults? Any time I asked for the cards, the CMs handed them to my kids.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
All of the castmembers I asked told me they were out or had no idea what I wAs talking about. I rode the monorail from the MK to the Contemporary (Chef Mickeys) and was given two cards by the monorail operator as I left the ride. Did not have to even ask him. I would have loved to try and get more of these but my two kids (ages 7 and 13) told me in no uncertain terms that I could pick up my hobbies after we returned home...they wanted to ride stuff and that was final!

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Actually, I just approached the cast members assigned to the monorail, watercraft or buses and asked. If they had them, I got them. I never had any cast member offer me a card without asking. But is was rare that I got more than one card at a time.
As for the kids getting the cards easier than an adult, the whole 10 days I was there, I never heard anyone ask for the cards but me. Some of the cast members thought I was a bit off, but after explaining to them that I collected them, they seemed to warm up.
I was lucky because my wife actually went shopping in Orlando with a friend and both kids went to Typhoon Lagoon and I was alone for one whole day. I went from bus to boat to monorail all day in all 4 parks and both water parks. I rode all 11 monorails, all the boats and found the bus cards at the MK transportation office.
So good luck to all on the search.
I have complete sets available in case you don't want to go crazy searching for them.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer: I went from bus to boat to monorail all day in all 4 parks and both water parks. I rode all 11 monorails, all the boats and found the bus cards at the MK transportation office.

Now that's dedication! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Well...first day in Disney World, and was able to get 2 cards from a boat operator . Unfortunately, they were both wet and stuck together. I will not give up!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi All! These sound interesting. My wife is a huge Dumbo fan. If someone has an extra, I would like to acquire it. I will be at Philly in Oct.
Thanks Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Paul,
I have one already put on the side for you.
See you in a few weeks!

posted Hide Post
Well..day 3 and I managed to get 13 out of 25 cards. All I have to hunt down is the monorail set. I was also able to get my hands on the "grand one" #12 card(which is a card that has been recalled).