Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Disney transportation cards
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney transportation cards
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Well..day 3 and I managed to get 13 out of 25 cards. All I have to hunt down is the monorail set. I was also able to get my hands on the "grand one" #12 card(which is a card that has been recalled). I find it easier to get these cards at the transportation info booth at the parks, they are in near mint condition too.

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
quote:
Originally posted by Mccheese8472:
I was also able to get my hands on the "grand one" #12 card(which is a card that has been recalled).

Congratulations! How did you manage to get that particular card?

I got really lucky...one of the cast members I spoke to had only one left.

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Wow, you are doing better than I did! Get yourself to the monorail transportation center. It is between the MK and if I remember correctly, the Grand Floridian. Ask every cast member on the platforms. There is always someone who has the cards. Good luck!

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I find it easier to get these cards at the transportation info booth at the parks, they are in near mint condition too.

Nice tip!

I'll be heading down soon. I'm actually going to ask the concierge at the hotel. They've helped me with many other things in the past, I think it's worth a shot. I asked them about the pressed penny machines before - they printed me out an entire checklist of all the pennies and where the kiosks were located!

I know it kills some of the thrill of the chase, but I want these cards! Smile

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Ted, if that works, please think of others (like me)

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
When I was on my trek, I also hit the hotels and found the people at the desk were not very knowledgeable when it came to the cards. The random cast members working in transportation knew the most.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
When I was on my trek, I also hit the hotels and found the people at the desk were not very knowledgeable when it came to the cards. The random cast members working in transportation knew the most.

When I asked about the pennies the lady looked at me like I was insane. Not 5 minutes after we were in our room there came a knock at the door - it was the same lady with the printed list. If they're in the mood, they can usually find the info. But you're right in that the transportation cast members would immediately know the most.

I'm still gonna try when I head down, can't hurt! Smile

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Beamer! Take care, see you soon.
quote:
Paul,
I have one already put on the side for you.
See you in a few weeks!

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is an update on my progress...I finally completed the newer set of 25, most of which are in good condition. The older set of 18 is where I am having a little more difficulty. I have more than half of this set but can not find the 3 bus cards. I still have a day and a half left so time is getting short. However, I did learn that the RTS bus is being retired from service as of Janurary, so I was told that card #3 will be as well.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here is an update on my progress...I finally completed the newer set of 25, most of which are in good condition. The older set of 18 is where I am having a little more difficulty. I have more than half of this set but can not find the 3 bus cards. I still have a day and a half left so time is getting short. However, I did learn that the RTS bus is being retired from service as of Janurary, so I was told that card #3 will be as well.

Doing a little bit of research on these, I read that the only bus drivers that carry the cards are the 3 longest-tenured drivers. If that's true, you just have to be lucky enough to have one of those drivers among the MANY they surely have!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
The information reference to the bus drivers is not correct. They all have the option of carrying them. Many choose not to. The ones that do have them must go to TTC to replenish their supplies and I am sure the last thing a bus driver after a long day of driving wants to do is go and pick up cards. So it is a matter of just finding the right driver.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
The information reference to the bus drivers is not correct. They all have the option of carrying them. Many choose not to. The ones that do have them must go to TTC to replenish their supplies and I am sure the last thing a bus driver after a long day of driving wants to do is go and pick up cards. So it is a matter of just finding the right driver.

Thanks for the info!

posted Hide Post
well I'm back, and I do have extra cards if anyone is in need of trades. I wasn't able to complete series one but did manange to get 1 complete series 2 with only 2 missing from a second set.

I will be attending the Philly show in a couple weeks and will be bringing these with me.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So far I've been able to track down 6. I'll be able to give a full report once I'm home as I do have some info on finding them that I don't think has been discussed yet.

I'd probably have more but it's tough finding the time to look with a little one running around crazy. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, here's my report. Forgive me if I give info that's already been shared.

All the cards, except for one, came from the 2nd series of 25. I got:

1, 2, 3, 4 (2), 6 (2 - one of 18, one of 25), 11 (2), 13 (2), 21 (2)

First I got the 3 Bus cards. None of the drivers carried any, but the Transportation guy with a clipboard at our resort had the 3 bus cards and gave me one of each. He also said that the best thing is to look for Transportation people dressed like him - in a white shirt with a shoulder patch. I think his was black, the boat folks have blue, and the monorails are red/burgundy. He also asked how I knew about them, I told him I was a collector. He said they never hand them out unless someone asks, and that the Monorail ones are the toughest ones to finish the set. If I remember right, I think he threw out a number that they made 5,000 of each. And if you're into stickers, he had a super-rare one that he'd been tracking down for years that he showed me. It was pretty much pilot wings that Monorail operators have access to. So there's something else for everyone to look for. Smile

At the Magic Kingdom I noticed a Transportation booth just by the buses. I asked the attendant and he handed me 4 of the boat cards from stacks of about 100. They were missing one (Cruiser) the whole time I was there (I inquired a few times) so I'm not sure what that's about. I had gone down to the boat docks to ask the operators with no luck.

I found one Monorail operator that had a card for me, none of the others I asked had any but they all knew about them and would ask others nearby for me. I'd say I asked at least a dozen Monorail folks about them between Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

My brother-in-law, who was also on the trip, caught wind and got into the game as well trying to find the missing cards for me. As I write this he said he was able to get all of the Monorail cards for me, but I'm not sure how (he was there a day longer than me). I'll follow up with more info when I see him again.

I had tried asking the concierge at the hotel and she was pretty much clueless about the program. She said someone had asked her a loooong time ago, but that was all she knew. So my idea didn't work, unless you just happen across someone who is in the know.

My brother-in-law did find one other random card for me, not part of the set, and I forget where he got it. One side says "Disney's Wild About Safety - WILD CARD" with Timon and Pumbaa, and the other side has them leaning against the line ropes with "IT'S A ROPE, NOT A RIDE" written underneath. I'll ask him where he got it again, and I'll post a pic when I can.

So all in all I got a decent amount of cards considering the little amount of effort I put into it, and with some help. I'll bring my extras to Allentown. Smile

Oh, and sketch card artist Mike "Locoduck" Duron was doing caricatures at our hotel for two days, we had him do a great one of my daughter as Tinkerbell, which I'll also post a pic when I can.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ted Dastick Jr.,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Ted! I'll be looking for the cards when we go next summer.

The Wild About Safety cards have been around for a while. I believe it's a 12-card set. The quick service restaurant at Animal Kingdom Lodge has one about not feeding the animals.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
There are 15 regular cards in the WIld about Safety set, a red wild card, a green wild card and a blank back wet and see card. You wet it and a message appears. There was also a flyer and a coloring book too.

Also, for those of you who were looking for transportation cards, I am surprised no one came to me for them. I had over 50 doubles.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: beamer,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are 15 regular cards in the WIld about Safety set, a red wild card, a green wild card and a blank back wet and see card. You wet it and a message appears. There was also a flyer and a coloring book too.

Argh! I thought I had a complete set. I have cards 1-14, the red wild card and the coloring book, but I'm missing the rest. Time to start searching again.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
The Disney Parks Blog announced some new cards for those who visit Disney World in Florida. They're game cards designed to be used with the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom interactive game throughout that park (it's similar to the Kim Possible game in Epcot). It starts in February. You can sign up once per day to play the game and receive a free pack with five cards. There are 70 cards in the set and additional cards will be available for purchase (because Disney never misses an opportunity to sell merchandise). You can read more and see some images of the cards here:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.c...Disney+Parks+Blog%29

My kids and I love the Kim Possible missions in each country in Epcot, so we're really looking forward to playing the new game (and collecting the cards) this summer. I'm probably going to spend a small fortune buying packs. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
I'm still down in "the world" and noticed that it is extremely hard to find the monorail transportation cards. I asked a bunch of cast members and they told me that they are being "redesigned". I don't know if that means a new set or what. I did manage to get the elusive Grand One Yacht(Ariel #12) and noticed that it too was revised...it no longer had the mis-statement on the back which caused disney to destroy the first card. This is all the info I have at the moment, I will try to keep you all posted.