Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Show us your.....sheets!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show us your.....sheets!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen uncut sheets of Topps Dino Attacks? There was some talk a while back about a huge find.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
More from Simpsons Downunder, made by Tempo of Australia in 1996.

This an uncut sheet of the two "polycard" (basically flexible plastic) insert sets that were in the series, The 4 card Springfield's Finest set and the 7 card Seven Duffs set (die-cut and shaped like bottles in their final form).There are four sets of each on this sheet:

Tempo did direct sell a limited edition of 50 the uncut sheets of the normal paper cards, but this polycard sheet wasn't offered the same way. (I got it about 5 year ago from a former Simpsons super collector who was paring down his stash). T

There is also, curiously, a single "Rugrats" chase set found on this sheet. While Tempo, during its brief life, did issue a "Rugrats" set, those polycards on this sheet didn't seem to be a part of it. The presence of these cards may be why these sheets weren't sold directly, especially if Nickelodeon had something to do with them not making it into the regular "Rugrats" set.

Posts: 3316 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
The uncut sheet that started it all Smile

SkyBox offered dealers an uncut sheet of the gold cards in the Phase I card set. I wanted one, but how to get one. Oh, I KNOW! Become a dealer Wink SkyBox, created a small hobby dealer account, where you could order small numbers, like as low as 6 boxes as a dealer. So, I applied for a business certification through my town, applied at SkyBox and was accepted. I immediately asked for and received a sheet and from there, a madness was born. I now order around 40 cases of product instead of a measly 6 boxes.
Funny thing is, I don't collect uncut sheets..unless they differ somehow.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
From tiny acorns, mighty oaks do grow.
Good stuff, thanks for sharing!

Posts: 3316 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anybody got any more uncut sheets these last 4+ years? Show 'em!

Also, I see I need to update my pics since I don't use photobucket anymore.
Will do so soon(ish) and I'll add a few more sheets I've picked up over the last few years.

Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
I've been after that MM2008A sheet for some time (in post 1 of this thread), so glad to finally see pictures to know it exists!
If it's okay I'd like to share them on the MMC (Marvel Masterpieces Collectors) group I run on Facebook please?

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sure, be my guest!

Here's an unusual pair of Marvel Press Posters from 1992 or 1993 that together reprinted the full 1992 Skybox Marvel Universe Series III card set.

Posters from this series which ran from about 1984 to around 1996 and included about 400 different usually focused on one or two characters or a team. Images originally created for Marvel trading cards appearing on these posters were few and far between but another one featured the Hildebrandt Brothers 9 card chase set from Fleer Ultra X-Men 1993 as a single image.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think it was the spring of 2006 that I was working in Florida in a friend's shop, also taking care of his dog while he was on vacation. I'd been there about a week and was looking for a different place to get lunch. I had heard about Beef O' Brady's on TV. I stopped there for a hamburger and on my way out there was a stack of 4-card sheets on a table and I picked one up. You never know when you're going to find a card. This one is 5 x 7 1/2 inches.

I went back there a few days later to see if they had more cards or maybe a different one. They didn't.

Posts: 4351 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That Ultraman hologram sheet is cool. I was trying to buy one of those a couple of years ago. First of all, it's an oddball piece because the individual cards were available in Japan as some kind of candy insert in 1999 (I think). I don't see a lot of singles come up these days (cool enough that way). Occasionally, you see a 4-card panel or an 8-card version and I hate to think that someone cut down the full 16-card sheet, though I should temper that with the fact that I've never seen a bigger sheet. Who knows, the 16-card sheet might be half of a full 32-card sheet.

Anyway, I saw one had been up for auction and no one bid on it and contacted the seller. It was only $25-30 plus shipping as I recall. He said he would sell and then I never heard from him again.

Jess

[QUOTE]Originally posted by juke:
I'm not into sheets, but I love holograms, so these are my only uncut sheets.

Posts: 4351 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a straight-on view of the 16-card sheet that I copied a couple of years ago when I finally realized I should copy images of oddball stuff when I can't get the actual card. It's a cropped version of one you can find online but this is higher in resolution.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This thread is too cool to let drift away for too long. This is an uncut sheet of the four cards that were given out at Six Flags amusement parks in 1992. They promote a Batman attraction. It's unclear how the uncut sheet became available. I recall buying the cards and the sheet together on Ebay maybe 20 years ago. Since then, the cards and the sheet were relatively easy to find but it's been at least several months since I've seen any of them for sale.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Oh sheet, I've got one!
I have no recollection of where I found it though.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's a nice one. It's got that unreleased card on it too (originally intended to be a dealer incentive but wasn't issued - appeared years later on the secondary market. It's the one that says "Chris Achilleos" on it.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I posted the image below in another thread but this one is unusual. It's a 9-card sheet from Comics Greatest World (Topps, 1994). It's unusual because the cards, #101-109, weren't inserted in the regular packs. You could get them only 1 per promo pack avaiable only at the 1994 San Diego Comic-Con. The fronts are character cards and backs are puzzle pieces that form a complete image - a Mike Mignola artwork.

It appears few people have been able to build the 9-card set since the show, and by the time most collectors realized they needed to find some packs, the packs became almost impossible to find. I didn't find a pack until around 2000-2001 and that's the only one I've found. I didn't know the sheets existed until David R. mentioned having one some time ago. You don't see them offered very often either.

I finally found a sheet. It arrived with two creased corners, a worn corner and a dent in one edge. It was packed only in a thin Priority Mail envelope within a large bubblewrap envelope but the packing looked uncrunched. I assume the sheet was already in that condition despite being advertised as "Mint." I'm keeping the sheet anyway since it is so unusual and it was not expensive (less than $30 including shipping and tax). I think a nice one could go for $75-100 in a well-worded auction.

One additional odd thing about this sheet is that while the fronts are in numerical order, the puzzle piece backs are not in the correct order.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorBabe:
Here you go, front and back.

Not 100% sure it's unique but I have never seen another and not heard of it until I came across the auction.

This thread has reminded me I really need some more 1 pocket pages Smile

I have one of these and it is one of my prize possessions! Steve from Rittenhouse gave it to me at one of the conventions I went to (maybe a Wizard World con? It wasn't a non-sports card con). I was over the moon!! :-)

There are not many out in the world as far as I know. He was not giving out a lot of these if I am remembering correctly. I don't remember why he gave it to me, maybe because he knew I was (and am) a rabid Xena fan/collector or maybe I won a contest? Not sure as it was a very long time ago.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Allender lists that sheet (Xena: Beauty and Brawn, 2002) but it seems no one else has (not even NSU nor the Beckett Non-Sport Almanac), adding that it was available separately so it might have been reserved for special giveaways at shows or "friends of the company." It would explain why it's a relatively obscure part of the set. In any case it's a nice piece to have.