Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Battlestar Galactica Autographs - picture heavy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Battlestar Galactica Autographs - picture heavy
 Login/Join

posted
Yup, I'm showing off again...

But aren't they pretty?

Thanks to the arrival of the Lucy Lawless card on Friday, my auto run is now complete.

It *should* be one card from every signer...

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Impressive! Well done on finishing this set. Thumb Up

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
congrats on finishing your galactic battle to complete the set Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
"SO SAY WE ALL"

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally finished my set. Their are 4 custom trading cards that I made and got autographed and 6 large custom cards.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on getting the complete set Simon. Thumb Up

ts that is one impressive display. Smokin' I notice you even have Dean Stockwell's autograph which is one I had hoped Rittenhouse would have put in BSG 4, he is the only major name not to have signed for the BSG series.

I personally am only 2 cards short of a Grand Master set for BSG from Rittenhouse's 7 BSG sets. I need autographs of Sackhoff from Premier and McDonell from BSG 1.

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Stephen, Thanks. Only 2 of the ones I made were available on card (Lawless & Hatch). Just couldn't afford them. So I made the custom cards.
The large cards are...
-Richard Hatch
-Dean Stockwell
-Lucy Lawless
-Ryan McDonell
-Don Thompson

The small cards are...
-Sebastian Spence
-Vincent Gale
-Eileen Pedde
-Lara Gilchrist
-Graham Beckel

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice collection simon Wink I want to get them all now Razz i have about 10,I know what you mean by one card per signer,I have both Nicki Clyne cards and a diff Tricia Helfer and a diff Kate Vernon .

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I hope whatever you have them mounted on is acid free ts.

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen123:
I hope whatever you have them mounted on is acid free ts.

Yes...Acid free backing.

Autographed cards by card companies really changed how I do my autograph mattes. I used to send blank 3x5 cards to get signed. But, they always looked so plain. Then when I saw non-sports autographed cards. It gave me the idea to do the same. So now I either send trading card size or 3x5 sized custom cards. Here are a couple others I have done...

As you can see my custom cards are interspersed with the "official" cards...

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I take it on the Heroes board that those spaces with no picture just an autograph are from actors whose characters could become invisible! Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen123:
I take it on the Heroes board that those spaces with no picture just an autograph are from actors whose characters could become invisible! Big Grin

Close...Those who refuse to sign and send back my cards. Smile Actually, since I took the picture. I added a couple of sigs to the missing spaces. Sasha Pieterse & Matt Lanter.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
These look so great framed like that how much did it cost to get it done?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
These look so great framed like that how much did it cost to get it done?

Thanks.. They average cost to matte is under $30....
-The matte costs around $4-5 (after AC Moore coupon).
-I cut the matte myself. Learned how to do it after spending a lot to have a framer do it. My wife bought me a matte cutter and I learned to do it myself.
-I use standard size metal frames. They run (after coupons) from $10 to $25.

I have done dozens of mattes. Here is the largest matte I ever made. I posted it in the Harry Potter thread. But, here it is 3ft x 5ft. As you can see most are the Artbox cards. But, you can see some of my custom cards (incl.Ralph Fiennes which is below the Hogwarts crest. Its hard to see because of the camera flash).

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey ts I read you got an autograph from Graham Beckel who of course was Colonel Fisk in BSG. Is it possible to get an address to mail a card to him ? I have been trying to find a way to get a card to him for an autograph. Would appreciate any assistance on this. My email is camtheram91@yahoo.com Thanks again

Jack

Posts: 7 | Location: USA | Registered: April 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<jackburginjr>
posted
This inspired me to do something with BSG. I am working on no less than 15 things with regard to this. I guarantee most will get a "damn that is nice" I guarantee two will get "Holy Frak I MUST, have that!!" Once done I will have 5-10 of each of them.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post