Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow - Inkworks

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/9537075496

October 12, 2020, 05:17 PM
Raven
Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow - Inkworks
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
So we now know sort of how many of these were made and signed. All we need now is how they were distributed.

Exactly, that sort of confirms authenticity and the approximate number, but where were they handed out or were they leftovers from the fire sale?

Really weird to discover this now and if 25 is the number, that's pretty limited. Not that it should be pricey necessarily, but certainly worth more than the regular Van Dien autograph card. And it can't be a promo or even a private signing with so few made, can it?

I also was not aware that Caplan was running around with a stamping machine either. All Inkwork autograph cards had the silver seal right in the card, so what was the purpose of the embossed seal? Certifying signatures on base cards at shows or just adding to already certified cards? Seems to me that nothing but confusion could result from that in the wrong hands.

We are learning a lot in this thread and getting more questions. Wink
October 12, 2020, 07:02 PM
piko
I have contacted the seller that I purchased mine off and he dose not know anything but would guess it was something got off the Inkworks table at an early convention
With the card you could get at the shows that Inkworks were at I think you either had to purchase a pack and get one embossed or had to pay $5 to be able to emboss your own card .
It must of been a sort of involved process as there are not many out there I have only seen two for sale a Lost 1 and a Buffy 3 I purchased the buffy one the Lost one was $45 too dear.
The Sleepy Hollow card Has the style of embossing that was used on the Lost in Space Classic Pack inserted P3 Signature card and used to make it a Authentic signature card this system was also used in the Spawn issue also.I have just received a Buffy 5 P2 embossed card with different embossing than the NSU card I will start a new thread on that later