Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Redemption Card
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted
An UNNAMED company has FINALLY redeemed a Star Wars Chrome Autograph after a year & a half.....

I'm Betting I get a Jar Jar Auto........

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Be happy that you're getting anything at all. Artbox never did send me anything for my Brendon Gleeson redemption.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
UPDATE - The Redemption is Listed as R2-D2 ( Hopefully, Kenny Baker )

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:
Be happy that you're getting anything at all. Artbox never did send me anything for my Brendon Gleeson redemption.

Really. Somewhere back around 2011 I had heard that Gleeson redemption holders received Michael Gambon as a replacement. It was years waiting for Mad Eye, but Gambon wasn't too shabby.

I know I was waiting a year and a half for Artbox to get autographs from someone named Hunter. I finally did get the card.

If redemption cards are bad, which they are, why are mystery redemption cards considered good? Is the expectation always that a mystery redemption card is going to be someone valuable? What happens when it isn't?

When the "unnamed company" has so many stickers stockpiled I don't see why any redemption cards are necessary at all, except in cases where the card design is such that it physically can't be packed out of course.

Posts: 10411 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
it was an unnumbered dual auto that I had pulled a live version in the Same case (really Lazy to insert a Redemption & a Live Auto in the same case)...my best Auto was David Prowse numbered to 25...I'm Happy with a Kenny Baker.... It's Not a Major?Insane Name but a Solid One!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:

You had to notify Artbox that you wanted a Gambon autograph in place of the Gleeson card. If you didn't, they just assumed you would hang on in case the Gleeson's arrived.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Was the Gleeson auto ever sent ? Does it exist ?

Posts: 4011 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Was the Gleeson auto ever sent ? Does it exist ?

Nope.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:

You had to notify Artbox that you wanted a Gambon autograph in place of the Gleeson card. If you didn't, they just assumed you would hang on in case the Gleeson's arrived.

They never bothered to tell me that. All communication was basically "we're still waiting, we'll let you know" kind of thing. I already had a Gambon from one of the other sets, but that is indeed a cool replacement since I prefer Dumbledore to Mad Eye. Either way, due to their poor service and communication, that was the last thing I'll ever purchase from Artbox.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Either way, due to their poor service and communication, that was the last thing I'll ever purchase from Artbox.

I think that would have to be a given. Big Grin

As far as I know Artbox left the scene around early 2012 without so much as a fair-thee-well. If they are in anyway still in business, it must be doing something else.

Artbox stopped making sets in much the same way Press Pass stopped. Neither of them had many titles, but the cards they did produce were well done. When they disappeared it didn't have the same impact as when Inkworks folded up because the sheer size of the vault wasn't there, but it happened just as sudden. No companies seem to want to communicate these things for financial reasons, so to a greater or lesser degree somebody gets stuck holding the bag.

Or in this case, the unredeemed redemption cards.

Posts: 10411 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post