Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Gucd231's Custom Booklet Thread
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gucd231's Custom Booklet Thread
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I have been wanting to make this one for a while now and finally had the time and resources.I am a big fan of the BBT show and really liked the idea of an all inclusive wardrobe booklet.I know that 2 different booklets exist for 7 of cast members in a Boys/Girls type of incentive card.They are great booklets yet well out of my reach,so here's my take on a condensed version.I did create the design myself (with google image help) as I have been tinkering with a free design program.While I am not yet close to where I would like to be,I just couldn't wait to build it.
I also decided to even out the booklet and include Barry Kripke.I will say extracting the wardrobe pieces was much more intensive than I had planned on to say the least.This is not for the faint of heart as perfectly good wardrobe cards were hacked to create my vision.Thanks for the look.

-Steve

Posts: 30 | Location: NEW YORK | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Loving all these - Especially Batman and The Big Bang Theory.

They look so professional like the kind of quads you get in some sports sets.

I'm curious with the costumes particularly but also the autographs - Those from official cards - Are they CUT OUT/Removed from the original card? Or is the whole card 'inside' the display?

Amazing cannot wait to see more.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks,I am happy you enjoy them.All the cards are cut in some way in order to embed them into a new card.I do save every donor card used to make my customs.

quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
Loving all these - Especially Batman and The Big Bang Theory.

They look so professional like the kind of quads you get in some sports sets.

I'm curious with the costumes particularly but also the autographs - Those from official cards - Are they CUT OUT/Removed from the original card? Or is the whole card 'inside' the display?

Amazing cannot wait to see more.

Posts: 30 | Location: NEW YORK | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I designed this book myself and to be honest I am really happy with it.I used some techniques for the for the first time as I am slowly learning my way into design.I give credit to topps american pie which produced a 1/1 booklet of David Prowse and James Earl Jones for the concept.I gave my book the "Lord Vader" treatment and learned quite a bit about the men who brought him to life.Anyways thanks for the look and any constructive design comments are welcome for this beginner.

-Steve