Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Any interest in new Pirate or Cowboy / Indian / Western cards?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any interest in new Pirate or Cowboy / Indian / Western cards?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
I was interested in doing a Pirate set similar to Sea Raiders/Pirate Picture Gum or the Allen and Ginter series. Pirates havent had a set in quite awhile. AC4:Black Flag and POTC did well, so i think there is always an interest. And what about Western / Cowboy / Indian sets? Are these genres dead? They used to be the card industries bread and butter.

Evan
Studio-Hades / Acheron Mint
http://www.inside-fifties.com

Posts: 559 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
I'm 100% in for whatever you decide on Evan as your card sets are incredible. In my opinion, Ground to Pulp and It Came from the Atomic Age are 2 of the finest sets released in the past several years and your sketch cards are absolutely top-shelf. I for one would love to see you take on a pirate and/or a western set.

Posts: 286 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I think a Pirate set would be a good idea. A couple of years ago we had a Pirate Pin-up set, Pirate Booty? or something. I would like to see a set with more realistic themes.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aeolus14ummbra:
I'm 100% in for whatever you decide on Evan as your card sets are incredible. In my opinion, Ground to Pulp and It Came from the Atomic Age are 2 of the finest sets released in the past several years and your sketch cards are absolutely top-shelf. I for one would love to see you take on a pirate and/or a western set.

Thanks! There's got to be a reason why the last historical pirate set not based on a movie was in 1958. I just don't know what it is. They sort of died out with the Western though.

Posts: 559 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post