Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    When a "Little Bird" becomes a "Big Bird"...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When a "Little Bird" becomes a "Big Bird"...
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted
Sophie Turner, the actress who plays Sansa Stark on "Game of Thrones" has been cast as Jean Grey AKA Phoenix in the next X-Men movie, "Age of Apocalypse".
Makes me glad I have this card from Games of Thrones Series 2 (and the bordered version from series 3).

In addition to doing her best work yet on "Game of Thrones" last season, Sophie's star power is likely to take another spike once she hits the big-screen in this coveted role. Might be a good idea to get one of her "Game of Thrones" autographs now, especially considering there hasn't been a card set with autographs from an X-Men related movies since "X-Men Origins: Wolverine".

Here's an awesome artist proof Marvel Masterpieces card Kate "Red" Bradley did for me about 7 years ago. I told her my favorite Marvel characters were Phoenix and Spidey, and this is what she came up with. It's one of my favorite cards, for sure.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Sophie was really good in the TV movie "The Thirteenth Tale" with Vanessa Redgrave and Olivia Colman. One of those slow-burn psychological tale things. An excellent but largely ignored movie. I only saw it when DVD hunting on Amazon.co.uk and finding it in those 'People who bought this, also bought...'

Sophie certainly has that 'thing' about her that could mean bigger and better things...hopefully she has a good agent and management. Still plenty of GoT to come yet, though.

Posts: 423 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think any of the autographs from the younger cast will be on the up as they are all without exception very talented.

Maisie Williams was sensational in a recent channel 4 one off called "Cyberbully" where she was on screen for the entire 90 minutes, most of it on her own talking to a computer!

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Maisie is indeed terrific, and she already has four different GOT autographs. I don't usually collect multiple autographs for the same character, but I held on to all of those.

I think her scenes with the Hound last season were among the best acted (and written) in the entire series thus far, and she has some great stuff coming up. (I've read ahead some, although I forced myself to not finish the most recent book, at least not until the new season is airing).

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post