Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Workshop Babes
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I have seen a card for this by 5Finity that says limited to 30, and which some are calling a promo.

Anyone know what this is ? Was this a pack inserted chase card or an actual promo ?

It looks like there was a Workshop Babes card set in 2017

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
5FINITY calls them promos.

They are randomly inserted in the sketch card packs.

I guess it's up to each collector to decide if it's a promo or an insert.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is the answer, from 5Finity. An email from 2017:

Hello, everyone! Glen and Ana’s Workshop Babes is full steam ahead with a July release. There will be three different card designs:

Modern Day will be pack inserted

Back in History will be pack inserted and Reward Member exclusives

To the Future will only be available as Artist Exclusives

Phase One is ONLY available to you Reward Members. Here is how it works: Elite artists will do a small amount of commission cards for respective buyers under the Back in History theme! You choose the content. You will also get one Limited to 30 trading card for every sketch card you commission. The artists are ready to rock these out for you!

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are a bunch of recent cards on Mandy, Trizia, Workshop Babes, Cherry, etc. limited to 10 and 20. And some, but not all, actually say PROMO on the backs

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A friend pointed out to me something I did not know:

The "regular" 2017 promo which shows the woman holding 2 drills comes in 4 versions, with slight differences in the background logo

2017 Philly show

2017 Chicago show

Sci-Fi Cards (Ed Webb)

Digital Heroes

The last two are limited to 100 each