Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    1992 marvel Impel "nelsonic" cards any info?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1992 marvel Impel "nelsonic" cards any info?
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
I have purchased a box of comic cards and they are exactly like all the other cards i can find, except that they say nelsonic across the back of the card.

Nobody can seem to find any info on these cards at all, can anyone please help? i have a few listed on ebay for pictures.

any help in identifying would be greatly appreciated!!

scotty

Posts: 3 | Location: upstate new york | Registered: June 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I struck out finding information on the web, but because they all seem to be from the 1992 X-Men set - I speculate that they arranged with Impel to sell an X-Men watch in a special tin with cards. No signs of them outside the ones you have!

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
thanks, so far everyone has struck out. would impel know? how would I contact them?

Posts: 3 | Location: upstate new york | Registered: June 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nyscotty:
thanks, so far everyone has struck out. would impel know? how would I contact them?

Impel became Skybox and Skybox folded years ago. So there's no manufacturer's help coming from them.

Sounds interesting, there were lots of cross promotion done back in the day.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Nelsonic was the name of an electronics manufacturing and development company that operated from Long Island City, Queens NY in the early 1980s and throughout the 1990s. They have since been bought out. It is still a subsidiary of M.Z. Berger. In 1992, Nelsonic made a series of X-men watches and the cards were included with the watches when purchased.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: beamer,

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have been looking all morning and cant find a reference to those x-men watches either. lots of pacman and mario brothers, but i cant find a single x-men watch. A reference to the watch that included a card would be helpful to the cause i think.

You guys are awesome!! ty

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what watch cards we're talking about. I would have to take some time to find the ones I have. Found this pic to the only X-Men watches with cards that I know of.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Okay, I see the one on ebay. Never knew those existed. Heck, I may have some in old boxes of singes that friends have sent me that they no longer wanted and never looked closely on the back.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post