Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Star Wars Bounty Hunters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Bounty Hunters
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Has anyone seen this recent Topps SW set which came out a few weeks ago ? Folks told me that boxes are hard to find. A dealer told me that he ordered 200 boxes and Topps sent him 5

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
That's about right. I got 1.67% of my preorder.

Don't know if it was really short printed, or a couple accounts got most of it.

Target had blasters online, but they indicated they were only online. So I'm guessing they won't be in stores either.

They really dropped the ball on this one, after stringing us along for over a year.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
They really dropped the ball on this one, after stringing us along for over a year.

Ed

Do you think this is because Fanatics took over and this title was caught in the works?

Everyone keeps saying Topps but in reality, that is just the name on the masthead now. The ownership has changed hands and Topps sport and non-sport cards are coming out of some division of Fanatics.

I may not be looking in the right places, but I haven't seen any big mentions of how many holdover Topps people are still involved in any card production or how closely Fanatics intends to stick with what Topps was doing and designing before acquiring its card division.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see only 5 or 6 boxes on ebay now, total, and in terms of sold auctions, about 3

One box sold for $ 259

Guess these are REALLY hard to find ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like an impossible set to complete:

300 card base set (100 cards, each with 3 different Bounty levels); plus various colored foil parallels, of which there are many

50 Feared Mercenaries cards; unclear as to how many you get per box, but not alot

5 Die Cut cards, 2 per box

Plus autos, sketches, and patches

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Doesn't look like anything new in the autograph department.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I saw on another site that some of the Blaster boxes showed up at Walmarts. None of the stores near me had them. I sure hope that future sets have better distribution.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Doesn't look like anything new in the autograph department.

And many of the autographs they did include have zero connection to Bounty Hunters. Many SW autographs nowadays are almost akin to Indiana Jones Waterhouse Monkeys.

I wish they would've ditched autos altogether and just put out a really nice, AFFORDABLE box. Include a bunch of parallels for some value, and this could've been a hit.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see on ebay now 2021 Blaster Boxes and 2022 Boxes.

Are these the same ? I don't recall a 2021 set.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I see on ebay now 2021 Blaster Boxes and 2022 Boxes.

Are these the same ? I don't recall a 2021 set.

It was supposed to come out in 2021, and all the packaging says 2021. I just think some people are calling it 2022 since it finally came out this year.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There seem to be at least 2 different boxes.

I see Hobby boxes (less common) which show 2 characters on the front, Boba Fett and someone else

And Blaster boxes with 4 characters

Blasters seem to be much cheaper, going for $ 40, while the Hobby boxes are $ 100 to $ 250

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
There seem to be at least 2 different boxes.

I see Hobby boxes (less common) which show 2 characters on the front, Boba Fett and someone else

And Blaster boxes with 4 characters

Blasters seem to be much cheaper, going for $ 40, while the Hobby boxes are $ 100 to $ 250

That's normally the case for sets with Hobby and Retail versions. But they're all the same set.