Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Survivor: The Australian Outback Set (Upper Deck)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Survivor: The Australian Outback Set (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone here happen to collect the "Survivor: The Australian Outback" autograph cards from Upper Deck, released back in 2001? I have a complete set with many duplicates, and I'm missing only the Richard autograph (trying to find one that's not graded in those clunky cases). My set includes:

- The uber-rare Kimmi "P" promo
- Silver Colby auto numbered to 100 (I've never seen another)
- Elisabeth "P" promo, unsigned Elisabeth auto (unnumbered), her regular release auto (numbered to 500) & signed unnumbered variant
- Sean's regular "Sean" (first name only) auto & his variant featuring his full signature (first & last name)
- Unreleased Jerri autograph (have two of these - one signed; one unsigned) which I purchased from a contestant from the season whom I believe obtained them direct from Upper Deck at the time the set was released.
- I also have unsigned/unnumbered voided (hole punched in top right corner) cards of many of the other contestants from this set (Nick, Kimmi, Amber, Tina, Alicia, Colby) which I also purchased from the aforementioned contestant
- I have x2 sealed booster boxes (very hard to find nowadays, having seemingly dried up) of this product also

Very proud of this collection as it has taken me years to amass and fill in the gaps. Hard set to complete when you take into account the many variants. It's a shame that Upper Deck cancelled the planned "Africa" (season 3) release too, as that season is still to this day my all-time favourite. Happy to post some pictures of any/all of the above too if anyone is interested. Smile

Posts: 31 | Location: Australia | Registered: May 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I won a contest many moons again and got a little wood crate with a tiki idol, booster deck and two packs from this set. Sadly, no autos. Best of luck on your search!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I had a few and sold them off - I still have the Elizabeth and Kimmi convention autograph cards. Elizabeth was at the 2001 SDCC and Kimmi was from Chicago. Are those what you are talking about when you say P promo?

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I won a contest many moons again and got a little wood crate with a tiki idol, booster deck and two packs from this set. Sadly, no autos. Best of luck on your search!

Very cool, barobehere. I have one of those as well (still sealed) - forgot to include that in my list. Very rare item, from what I hear.

quote:
Are those what you are talking about when you say P promo?

Yes. The Elisabeth seems to be a lot easier to find than the Kimmi though for some reason. Here's a picture of the ones that I own:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rhett,

Posts: 31 | Location: Australia | Registered: May 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Kimmi was personalizing a lot of hers - I know mine was and the person I had with me also had his personalized. I don't know where it is or I would post a pic. Also, she signed at Wizard World Chicago which was (and definitely is) a much smaller show than SDCC where Elisabeth signed.

Elisabeth was not very friendly either, and was not taking pics and asking for names like Kimmi was.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!!!! So excited about your post. that's rad!! This site has been for ages and I used to trade here. I still have my collection and have the full base sets (Borneo and Australia) Plus the 10 make your own castaway cards. Also the promo mini crate.

Extras:
Kimmi A1 Promo
Kimmi P Promo
Strength in Numbers Promo
Gervase Auto
Keith Auto
Jenna Auto
Alicia Auto
Skupin Auto
Rodger Auto
Kimmi Auto
etc.

@Rhett, I would LOVE to see you collection. I live in Australia as well. Would love to trade wth you, though I don't have the Richard.

Would really love to see your collection, Specially 2 cards.

BTW, I remember there were rumors about an Amber A1 card, do you have one?

Cheers!

Alex.

quote:
Originally posted by Rhett:
Does anyone here happen to collect the "Survivor: The Australian Outback" autograph cards from Upper Deck, released back in 2001? I have a complete set with many duplicates, and I'm missing only the Richard autograph (trying to find one that's not graded in those clunky cases). My set includes:

- The uber-rare Kimmi "P" promo
- Silver Colby auto numbered to 100 (I've never seen another)
- Elisabeth "P" promo, unsigned Elisabeth auto (unnumbered), her regular release auto (numbered to 500) & signed unnumbered variant
- Sean's regular "Sean" (first name only) auto & his variant featuring his full signature (first & last name)
- Unreleased Jerri autograph (have two of these - one signed; one unsigned) which I purchased from a contestant from the season whom I believe obtained them direct from Upper Deck at the time the set was released.
- I also have unsigned/unnumbered voided (hole punched in top right corner) cards of many of the other contestants from this set (Nick, Kimmi, Amber, Tina, Alicia, Colby) which I also purchased from the aforementioned contestant
- I have x2 sealed booster boxes (very hard to find nowadays, having seemingly dried up) of this product also

Very proud of this collection as it has taken me years to amass and fill in the gaps. Hard set to complete when you take into account the many variants. It's a shame that Upper Deck cancelled the planned "Africa" (season 3) release too, as that season is still to this day my all-time favourite. Happy to post some pictures of any/all of the above too if anyone is interested. Smile
Thumb Up

Posts: 5 | Location: Asutralia | Registered: August 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Alex, great to know that you're as into this set as I am. And very cool that you too are based in Australia.
Firstly, I am after an A1 Kimmi promo as that's one I don't have, so would be keen to chat to you about that if you have a spare up for grabs.
I don't have an Amber A1 card, unfortunately, and have never seen one, but this set has shocked me in terms of variants popping up that I once thought were only a myth (such as the Colby autograph numbered to 100 in silver that I own - see below), so it wouldn't surprise me at all if it exists.
I'd be keen to see your collection as well. Smile
You mentioned in your last post about there being x2 cards in particular from my collection that you'd like to see. I'm assuming you are referring to the silver Colby Donaldson and the unreleased Jerri Manthey (but let me know if you want pics of any other ones), so here they are:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rhett,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is Jenna Morasca in this set ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is Jenna Morasca in this set ?

No, as the set only covers seasons 1 & 2 (Jenna Morasca is a season 6 contestant).
It does however feature Jenna Lewis.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

[/QUOTE]

Hey there! I didn't get the reply form the cite. Saw your message until now. Wow, your collection seems amazing! I have my collection at my parents place, I'll have to wait until next time I go. I could trade you my Kimmi A1 Promo for your Jerry Auto if you'd like that. I have other autos. Let me get my set and I'll send you pics. Promise.

Have a good one!!!

Alex.

Posts: 5 | Location: Asutralia | Registered: August 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am also a huge fan of this series of cards. Unfortunately I only have one autographed card thus far in my collection. I’m actually still looking for a handful of unsigned cards to finish off my Australian Outback set. Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 4 | Location: USA | Registered: November 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChemR:
I am also a huge fan of this series of cards. Unfortunately I only have one autographed card thus far in my collection. I’m actually still looking for a handful of unsigned cards to finish off my Australian Outback set. Thanks!

Hey man! I could help with that. Send me a list of the cards you are missing. I still have heaps of those. Not all of them though.

Posts: 1 | Location: Mexico City | Registered: May 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Alex, great to know that you're as into this set as I am. And very cool that you too are based in Australia.

You mentioned in your last post about there being x2 cards in particular from my collection that you'd like to see.

Hey there Rhett! How are ya!? Well, I finally got my Survivor CCG collection. Could you please give me an email to send the pics of my cards? I am already excited to have this again.

Aside from my normal collection I have some other cards.I have personally autographed CCG cards by some other castaways like Ramona & Debb, between others. I have the wooden crate.

I'd love to see your full collection as well.
My email is: star_shok5@hotmail.com

Cheers!
Alex.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Firstly, I am after an A1 Kimmi promo as that's one I don't have, so would be keen to chat to you about that if you have a spare up for grabs.
I don't have an Amber A1 card, unfortunately, and have never seen one, but this set has shocked me in terms of variants popping up that I once thought were only a myth (such as the Colby autograph numbered to 100 in silver that I own - see below), so it wouldn't surprise me at all if it exists.
You mentioned in your last post about there being x2 cards in particular from my collection that you'd like to see. I'm assuming you are referring to the silver Colby Donaldson and the unreleased Jerri Manthey (but let me know if you want pics of any other ones), so here they are:

Hey there @Rhett, Would you like to trade any card? I am taking my collection back to my place so I might be able to trade with you and show some cards. Let me know. Thanks and cheers! Alex.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi @FromBeyond, I am trying to complete my set of base cards...still a handful short from the first season. I'm also interested in autographed cards as well. Unfortunately I only have a couple. Do you have any extra cards available?

Posts: 4 | Location: USA | Registered: November 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChemR:
Do you have any extra cards available?

Hey mate. I still have some cards from the base set. Please let me know the ones you are missing and I'll see what I can do. Which autos de you have? Do you got any "Create your own castaway cards"?

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi. I’m actually still looking for the following cards: 69, 71, 73, 82, 84, 131, and the Strength in Numbers promo card. The only autographed cards I have are Elisabeth and Kimmi, so always on the lookout for those as well. Thanks!

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of these I have Nick whole name autographed #/500 & Keith whole name autographed #/500.

Posts: 1 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: April 02, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post